ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We had a nice little duplex with airco and tv. White House as enormous potential but it is run down. Everything is rusting away and inside the bathroom has mold. Beds are nice but they never clean or change linens. Pool is clean but unsafe with very slippery tiles when wet. Staff does their best but breakfast area is a hanger and on the beach they had only 4 beds. Location is good but in Bailan you need to pay taxi or motorbike to get to Lonely Beach as the road is too dangerous to walk. We had a great vacation in Lonely Beach but moved to Gu's Bay where we paid a fraction of the price. The "beach" serves no purpose. You can not lay on the small strip of sand during high tide and after 2 meters you get to rocks. Only nice beach is Nature Beach.

Room tip: If you want a pool in Bailan go to Gu's Bay otherwise Little Eden in Lonely Beach
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank patrick l
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The White House was disappointing because it had so much potential given its location. It is in a much quieter part of the island than areas further north. To start with the positives, it has a number of duplex bungalows located close to a nice beach. There is a pool with towels available. It also has a bar and restaurant located on site. However the rooms have seen better days. We found them small and poky and a little bit dirty. Service at the resort was patchy, perhaps it's better outside peak season. We had to ask for toilet rolls and bed sheets that had been forgotten when our room was cleaned. We didn't eat at the resort, preferring to eat at neighbouring restaurants. Overall the room felt overpriced compared to other resorts we'd booked in SE Asia.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here from end of dec. Payed 3800 bht for 2 nights in a room.

Very Nice And caring owners, especially The lady!

Good location, near the beach. Only 30% of the island got beaches...

You can pay with CC And let the food and drinks be add to the bill

Can have laundery done!

Location is to far to walk to Lonely beach or bang bao. A taxi Will cost you 50 bht a person, one way.

The rooms are small And noting special, if you look at the price.

No Place to put the clothes

The shower didn't have mutch pressure

The staff is nice, but slow. 2 times we made the effort to get food orders.

You can hear a lot of sound from a bar nearby

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed 23 November 2012

This is actually my second time at the White House. Last time I visited was two years ago with a friend for a couple of nights (on NY-eve). This time I'm travelling by myself. I came by bus from Cambodia, and was awaiting a warm 'welcome back' from the owner. She made me feel like I never left :)

I was hoping to end my last few days of traveling by doing absolutely nothing except reading, sleeping, swimming and eating. And I did exactly that. It was great, just what I needed after a month of intense traveling.

The staff is wonderful, the breakfasts are still the same (still good) and the view is amazing. Sunset every night.

My room was pretty basic. I never had one of the bungalows, so can't tell you anything about them, but the standard rooms are fine. Don't expect anything fancy, but it's clean, has a good bed to sleep in and a hot water shower (just coming from Cambodia, I really appreciated the hot water :).

When I was here on NY two years ago, the owner did everything she could to make it as special as possible. Asking about our wishes for dinner and just going that extra mile. She said that we would always remember her and that night, which turned out that she was right, since I came back..

I just remembered that she took great care of me the last time when I was completely bruised from my trekking on the mountain (don't wear All Stars.) and when I got stuck with a fever. She is just awesome. Really.

If you're looking for a super fancy place to stay, maybe you're not in the right place, but if you're looking for some peace, away from the white sand & lonely beach madness, give it a go. The staff will make you feel at home.

I would go back a third time without hesitating.

Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Impressed me with warmly welcome. Peaceful .. Atmosphere. I think here Small but Cute!!

Date of stay: January 2012