“Nice place, staff dont speak english, air condition very noisy, breakfast extremely bad”

White House Bailan Resort
Ranked #63 of 73 Hotels in Ko Chang
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Small private beach, its nice and peacefull. Manager was the only one who speaks english, and actually she speaks very good english. Manager is also very nice and helpfull. Staff were not very attentive. Breakfast was terrible, cold sausages and the eggs were maybe fried two hours before i ordered them.. Location is very peacefull, good place just for relaxing. Even with those few small things, i could go again there.. Or maybe i try to find other place, dunno.. :)
Swimming pool was nice also...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Thai first
Bangkok
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a real joke! The service is miserable as none of the staff is trained. You order a cocktail from the drink list(around noon time) and the staff answer that they don't know how to make cocktail as the barman arrive only for dinner!
Then, direction the room where everything is broken and dirty. Don't try to wash your hands in the sink as the water leak on your feet! After an uncomfortable sleep on the springs of the bed, I realise that all my clothes (that I put on the wardrobe) is infested by a bench of ants! And to top it off, upon my check out I inform the receptionist about the sink to fix in the room and the only reply she gives me is "sorry but I can't communicate with my colleagues as they re cambodians"!!
The management of this hotel is unexistant and deplorable. How can you let your staff alone running the hotel knowing that they have no clue about it???
At least Thanks to the staff to be smiling.
That's a big shame as this place could be really good with a bit of effort!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Ko Chang hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is my first review on tripadvisor since I always thought that an opinion cannot be very objective and fillings coud be very different for a same level of service... I stayed there for a night only and hopefully! I am living in Thailand for 3 years now and used to travel a lot. I stay in all type of accomodation from guesthouse to international Chain! White house resort is the worst value for money i have never experienced in Thailand! For the price we paid, we got dirty room, unfriendly and incompetent staff (except one!) and of course a nonexistant service... It is a shame because the location is great and the hotel has a huge potential! But the management seems to get enough customers like that so why should they do any effort? The hotel was full when I stayed there and no one wanted to stay during the day! If you want to enjoy your trip in koh Chang, beleive me, don't stay there!!!

• Stayed January 2014
Garching bei Munchen, Germany
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I don't know what got wrong with other people giving this place bad feedback, the rooms are a little old and could use some fresh colour, bathroom could also work better if some stuff would get fixed, but it is ok over all.
People complaining about service - i cannot understand, maybe they got some bad luck at random, the staff is doing a good job, but as always in Thailand nothing works out as quickly as some people think it should.

This a good, quiet and chilled place to stay at :)

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
austin
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. Toilet backed up on 2nd day and it took them 48hrs to fix it. They did not offer an apology, a room change (despite having open rooms), or a discount. After much headache and arguing they took $6 off our $250+ stay. We saw much better deals along the same beach with much prettier facilities. Definitely visit Ko Chang but definitely stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere (anywhere) else
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank john g
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the White House resort from the 2nd of January 2013 till. The 10th January 2013, first impressions are the resort has the perfect location situated right on the beach with a pool also, they have about 20 bungalows and then the standard rooms around the back, after reading the reviews on here we opted for the standard room as some had stated that the bungalows where on the small side etc. we were not disappointed with our room so to speak, it was looking a bit tired and in need of some maintenance, but the air con worked fine and the shower always had warm water albeit a next to nothing pressure but hey we are in koh Chang so I wasn't expecting a power shower. Bailan is lovely to have a restful kick back time, we stayed here after staying a week in the rather opposite white sands resort. Unfortunately there are some real issues with the working staff at this resort, I am never one to complain and try to take everything with a pinch of salt but after the 3rd day I was becoming tired of asking 3 different staff members for a simple coke and them all looking straight through me, not having a clue what I was trying to ask for, I have been to some countries a lot more secluded who all seem to know the world wide brand of this drink, but not here it was becoming very strained, my self and my husband used to take turns in the daily battle of ordering the correct breakfast, trying to order a drink in the mid day sun, anything that we tried to ask for we felt we came across a brick wall, and we were not the only ones there that felt like this, eventually in the later part of the week we were going outside the resort to a place called the coconut hut for food and drinks which I have to say is the best place to eat in the whole of koh Chang, a family run place where the food was outstanding every single visit. Back to the White House, there needs a lot of maintenance done here, everything is looking old and shabby and every building is screaming for a lick of fresh paint, there are sunbeds broke which when we left was still on its side by the pool, not taken away for the 4th day. The staff I'm very sorry to say are lazy, sitting on their phones all day when there is quiet clearly a lot to be done around the place. (Especially the young girl) in all my stay I must have seen her work an hour the rest of my stay she hid herself away behind the bar on her phone, when trying to ask for anything I got the same answer every time "what?"!!! I gave up on her in the end. This review is such a shame because it could have been perfect with a few issues being dealt with by the management and maybe someone who could show the staff some guidance, the staff are without a doubt losing them money because everyone goes outside the resort for food and drinks which I feel is a shame. So all in all I did enjoy my stay at he White House but would only return when it had been updated, cleaned & staff are trained properly, so don't let my review put you off staying here it definitely has some thing to offer just don't expect an oil painting because you will be disappointed.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Throughthewifeseye
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We had a nice little duplex with airco and tv. White House as enormous potential but it is run down. Everything is rusting away and inside the bathroom has mold. Beds are nice but they never clean or change linens. Pool is clean but unsafe with very slippery tiles when wet. Staff does their best but breakfast area is a hanger and on the beach they had only 4 beds. Location is good but in Bailan you need to pay taxi or motorbike to get to Lonely Beach as the road is too dangerous to walk. We had a great vacation in Lonely Beach but moved to Gu's Bay where we paid a fraction of the price. The "beach" serves no purpose. You can not lay on the small strip of sand during high tide and after 2 meters you get to rocks. Only nice beach is Nature Beach.

Room Tip: If you want a pool in Bailan go to Gu's Bay otherwise Little Eden in Lonely Beach
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family