“Perfect getaway. It was too sad that I had to leave.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Sunshine Boutique Beach Resort & Spa

Little Sunshine Boutique Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 107 Ko Chang B&B and Inns
“Perfect getaway. It was too sad that I had to leave.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Sorry I leave the review this late Mr.Kata.
Thank you so much for everything.
We (me and my Australian friend Joy) stayed 5 nights at Little Sunshine and only one thing I was sad about was the fact that I had to leave this beautiful place at some point. I wished that the time stopped while i was there.

The boutique is calm, peaceful, quiet, beautiful...
everything including booking for adventures and taxi, laundries etc were so easy.
The foods were awesome.

I could rent the kanu for free at the private beach. Sailing alone at the shallow beach was pure awesomeness.

Khlong son the private beach was 20mins taxi away from Whitesand beach which is very touristy area of the island where to enjoy nightlife, firework show, shopping, cheap restaurants and the best massage in Kohchang as Kata has advised. He actually arranged everything for us : cooking class, snowcooling, elephant riding etc.

It is pretty far from lonely beach and the southern area of the island that you might note. Also it takes 400batts or something to go to touristy spots. You can rent the scooters or car if you can drive for very cheap price as I heard. But Kohchang has not very safe rode as I saw e.g.the cliffs.. not bumpy such as Cambodia though if you know.
that can be a downside if you are low in budget/still want to take adventure around the island/cannot drive very well. Since most of the adventures in Kohchang pick up you at least from Whitesand beach and ypu have to take a cab... not too expensive fare compared to Europe or anywhere but still it feels like wasting money.. that is one thing you should aware of about the location.

However, as I recall, there cannot be a 'quiet' and 'private' Beach side place along the White sand beach. If you are looking for the easy location you might have to give up so much beauties and peacefulness that I could get from Littlesunshine. Which I loved so much in Kohchang.

I am definitely going to stay here in another time. I strongly recommend you to do so as well.

There are only a few things that they could improve.
-massage lady fully working as masseuse : the lady were working as a staff too so we could not do that at all.. so shame because the massage place in Little Sunshine was so beautiful, sea sighting and private.

-very hot water with strong water pressure : it seemed that Kohchang could be very cold at night and we could really use hot shower. However at the room we stayed the shower did not get hot easily. Only at a weak pressure did work but I think it needs a slight of improvement.

-bigger room for twin beds. They arranged the extra bed but it did not fit in our room. The room seemed too small to fit a queensize bed and the extra small bed. It was not ideal for twin bed room. Or they did not have small 2 beds room. I dont know. But the room was only perfect for a couple sharing a bed not very ideal for siblings/friends etc.
They are might building more mentions for family I hope but as I saw on Agoda they yet dont have a large family room or triple, twin, or single rooms etc. I hope they could make more variety for the room choice.

Im planning to go to Kohchang with my aunt and my mom. Kinda looking for a triple room or a twin and a single room. Since I could not find the suitable room at Agoda Im going to make an inquiry...

Um what else.

oh Kata also arranged a bus going to Cambodia our next destination. He made sure that our trip to be very easy and comfortable. Thank you so much mr.Kata.

and the staffs were so friendly and helpful. The laundries were incredible cheap for the quality of their work (in Cambodia fyi, they have ruined my white clothings for a bit cheaper price. At Bangkok hotel, it was kind of expensive. You might want to clean up your every clothings at Littlesunshine... the whole trunk.. Kohchang was my third stop and the best stop among everywhere iv been during my 1 month vacation seriously!)

Their breakfast is pretty American style which my friend loved so much. and Mr.Kata's cocktail is so great!! Try his Mojito!!! Ahhh I miss you Little Sunshine!!! Miss you so much!!!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Thai first
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I cannot add more praise to what has already been written,spent 10 days here in total relaxation, the days passed blissfully and we had no inclination to go anywhere, when we did venture out we were so glad we were staying at Little Sunshine. Like other people I'm afraid to praise too much,we will be back just hope we can get in! Thanks Kata and team wonderful.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank midomarl
Linkoping, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Spent 10 days with Kata and his staff over New Year.
Our second time in Koh Chang but first time we only took advantage of the fantastic restaurant but we promised ourselves that we would for sure be back. Our stay was total relaxation and fantastic service and surroundings. Food is magnificent and we will be back again for sure.
// Gyllander family

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Nigy65
Chomutov, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

We spent in Little Sunshine Resort with my family 11 nights and we were more than satisfied. We traveled the whole island as we can confidently say that Little Sunshine Resort is the best place to stay on the island. Resort is located in the north of the island in an absolutely quiet and clean environment. We were staying on the first floor overlooking the sea, which was fantastic and recommend to all. After a few steps you are in the wonderful sandy beach, which is swept daily, clean and mostly without people. About 10 people at one kilometer, really. Which in comparison to other beaches on the island is a small miracle. The resort takes care of amazing Mr. Kata (also for great Mrs. Nana), which can create a really nice, quiet and friendly atmosphere. Resort consists of about 3-4 luxury Thai villas with swimming pool, fabulous gardens directly on the beach. After my own experience and I can only recommend it.

Room Tip: The best rooms are all with seaview.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Marek_Sulc
Barcelona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a paradise. I thought this kind of places couldn't exist but they do. The beach is amazing, at busiest time we where 6 people, usually just two. The sand is white, the sea transparent and clean and always calm, palm trees, a magnificent landscape...The hotel is just in the beach, super nice architecture, clean, curated. Our room number 4 was amazing with sea views and the rumor of the sea and birds. The Thai food is very good, we had lunch and dinner here almost every day. Breakfast is super good as well.The cocktails are good too in a great atmosphere with stars and very quiet nights. You can take a kayak and go around or do some snorkeling. If you're looking for a paradise to relax, swim, read and to be out of the world you will love it. I am not even gone and I am already thinking in coming back...I love this place!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chiclecosmos
Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had the most amazing time at Little Sunshine! The hotel is immaculate, the food is scrumptious ( the green curry beats the one cooked at THE ORIENTAL in Bangkok!!!!) but above all you have Kata and his staff taking extremely good care of you. We miss them already!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Spaghetti71
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the resort after reading all the deservedly excellent reviews from previous guests. The reviews say it all - the management and staff, the restaurant, the setting - were all well appreciated. We had our own transport which was useful for a stay of 5 nights.
Strongly recommend the Little Sunshine Resort for a relaxing holiday and we will be booking soon for our next stay.
Thanks to kata and his team
John and family