“Lovely place in an amazing place!!”
Review of Top Resort

Top Resort
Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Ko Chang
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Although Top resort is aimed more at the German tourist this is a great place for people no matter where you are from...From the start the feedback and help from Bernhard through email was second to none ,all the staff speak very good English and were so helpful with me and my family!!..We stayed in the family bungalow which was more than adequate for our 9 day stay and the pool and gardens are constantly being looked after and cleaned by the friendly staff!! we spent songkran at the hotel and had a brilliant laugh with all the staff who loved joining in with water fights...this was a very memorable trip for me and my family and we hope some day to return to koh Chang and The Top resort!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul M

Reviewed 28 February 2013

We stayed there from Feb 5th to Feb 10th and loved every minute of it. The resort is very clean, the beds are comfortable, everything is maintained well and the stuff is one of the most helpful I've every experienced. I highly recommend the restaurant there as well. Great food, great view! Like I said - we loved every minute of it!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bienchen185
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights last week and were very happy with the experience.

We arrived on Monday afternoon without a booking and asked for 3 nights in a Standard Room. However, they only had the Tue + Wed available in a standard room...and thus gave us a free upgrade to a sea view bungalow for the 1st night. Both the bungalow and the standard room were great.

German managed, but v. English-speaker friendly. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tom s
Reviewed 3 February 2013

The management in this place are truly abysmal. We were overcharged on the bill and then when we queried it they called the police! I get the feeling that this happens a great deal as the police were somewhat bored by the whole thing and were apologetic to us and the matter was sorted - but the resort management never showed their faces. The poor receptionist had to try and sort the matter, and he was obviously not charged with enough responsibility to make decisions. The management were hiding from us all the time, although they were nearby! The manager/owner (?) just was not interested in hearing what we had to say and just kept telling the staff to call the police.

The resort itself is reasonable. It is small, but the rooms are at a fair price. They are not the cleanest rooms I have ever seen (nor the best equipped), but they come at a fairly low price so my expectations were managed. I would say that, with the terrible management attitude, there are better resorts in the price bracket in the middle of White Sands - Top is definitely out of town (but not quiet!). If you are German then yes, you would probably feel more welcome, myself and my family (4 adults and 2 kids) didn't feel welcome at all.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank Thewatcher2013
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We stayed with a our son ( 3years) at the hotel for 4 nights over Christmas. The deluxe room was more then what we expected. Large room with a balcony. The hotel has a small pool however this was not a problem as there was almost no guests by the pool. The minibar and the laundry service in the room have the same prices as the 7eleven store down the road.
The hotel personnel where very nice. It is a short walk to the beach, 10 minutes.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Denheliga
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I am very dissapointed about some comments, that resort was not so good because have no direct way to the beach!
Guys, open trip advisor before you plan to stay at Top Resort, not after this!
I have set the highest score to this hotel, because I have not claims or complaints for this hotel, because I have faced with very friendly staff, nice and clean rooms and good restaraunt.
Several times I have asked Managers to solve my problems (wifi for examples) and they always do their best to make our stay there as pleasant as possible.
I wish prosperity and development to Top Resort!
See you in December 2012!

Room Tip: Garden Bungalows, Family Apartment
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EugeneM84
Reviewed 8 September 2012

we stayed at this hotel and booked the family room. I can only say good things about this hotel. The rooms are very very clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The food is excellent and the portion sizes are if anything a little big! They have a lovely swimming situated in the middle of the hotel and a lovely outside bar also. The entrance to this hotel doesn't do it justice! However, it is in a great place to get a bus to visit other parts of the island. The hotel is not beach side but makes up for it with the above facilities and its great views from the cliff top.

Room Tip: They have detached bungalows around the swimming pool which I am sure have a lovely view over the se...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family