“A joy of a place to stay”
Review of Top Resort

Top Resort
Ranked #23 of 73 Hotels in Ko Chang
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel and the lovely owner accommodated us so graciously. the rooms are spacious and the beds some of the mist comfortable i have ever stayed in. Pauls restaurant is wonderful and i have reviewed that separately. Our stay was great. Brilliant value fir money. What more can i say. I'll be back!.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room its worth it. Book directly with Micha.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Like always the top resort is top :) again a wounderful stay with my wife we are both happy and we would like to stay forever ! Nice rooms nice pool , wifi,great staff great food very nice garden with a lot of butterflys and geckos .. Cool area for playing beachvolleyball or badminton ..privat balkony at the poolvillas.. Love it!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris N
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I don't think I can add anything of value to the other reviews here.

I booked this hotel as a last minute get away to the island of Ko Chang and I picked this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. As usual the Tripadvisor community provided a good judge and I found the hotel to be a lovely place to stay for a few days.

The apartment I had was clean and spacious and the resort itself, although nothing to look at from the road out front, has a lovely swimming pool and nice grounds. It always felt like there were very few people staying here even though reception told me they were full (hence why I was upgraded for free from a hotel room to an apartment)

Very pleased with my stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RichardCambs
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed at the hotel in February for 1 week.
I was lucky because while I had booked for Stantard room,
there was no room, and they given to me Bungalow
with sea view. The rooms are clean, and surrounding
area very nice. The pool was small, just for kids.
Generally I had a nice stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

As a part of my 7 day Thailand trip, stayed at the Top Resort for 2 nights and I must say I am really glad that I did. Everything; the room price, staff (reception, room service, restaurant etc.), the room size, facilities & the service; was top notch. Although I must mention that for me the best part was the seaside restaurant on top of the resort. The restaurant manager was very friendly and so was his staff, but more importantly the food was delicious & they had a good range of drinks. I was supposed to explore other food stops on the island but I simply couldn't stop going to this restaurant.

Both thumbs up to Top Resort. I am definitely going back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sahil23Oct
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel lovely pool and gardens with lovely sea views looks very poor from the outside but inside it was very clean and peacefully especially as we were in the back the front rooms would not be so good as they face the street
On a downer the beds were like cement blocks impossible to sleep on maybe it's the thia way but I think I'll pass on this place for the sake of my back ' we got accommodation near by with perfect beds

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cocktailsfor2
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Top Resort

Stayed for 3 nights mid November, agree with previous reviews that the reception area isn't the most attractive.
Once your in though the garden and rest of the grounds are very nice.
Small but inviting pool area with bar.

Although the majority of guests are German we didn't find the language an issue.
There was a lovely German girl on reception during our time there who was very helpful & spoke good English.
However, if you don't know any German & like sitting at the bar for hours having a chat with other guests then maybe this place isn't for you.

Our deluxe double room was a very good size with plenty of space for clothes and decent tv/wifi/aircon.
Located at the end of White Sands so there is a walk to the far North end of the beach but bars/shops begin very soon after leaving the hotel.
Spent the final 2 nights of our trip at Rock Sands at the North end of the beach (prebooked) so was more than happy staying at the Southern end.

4 out of 5 as the cove they have down at the bottom of the steps could've done with a slight tidy up, although I guess it's a never ending job with the sea bringing things in everyday.
+ maybe new modern signs on the building would make it more attractive to those walking by/new arrivals.

Overall though the room was perfect

• Stayed: November 2013