“Highly highly recommended”

Ranked #27 of 72 Hotels in Ko Chang
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Highly highly recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have recently stayed in a beach view room in top resort in white sand beach in Ko chang and the experience in one word was amazing. I really liked staying there. Wonderful resort, very nicely located, so close to the untouched beach, relaxing and very reasonably priced. I highly highly recommend this resort.
I stayed in a room just below the restaurant, the view from the room and the balcony is breathtaking. The management is very very friendly. I was amazed seeing their service quality and I have to mention one incident. While returning from koh chang my husband forgot his hat, which was very special for him because he had special memory with it. We noticed that we forgot the hat when we almost came half way for the ferry. There was no way to go back because we were coming by a shared van and there was a risk that we would miss the ferry. Then my husband called the resort and they literally quickly came up to the ferry just to return his hat and refused to take any conveyance. I really did not expect this kind of service, may be any five star hotel won’t do that. I forgot the name of the guy, he was a thai guy and wears spectacles, but big thanks to him through trip advisor.
The location of the resort is very nice, there are coffee shop, food joints, 7/11 everything in the walking distance. You also can rent car or bike from the hotel and believe you me they wont charge high price. The owner of the hotel Michael is very friendly and cooperative. He will help you with lots of touristy information with great pleasure.
We travelled in the off season and could not go for any island hopping, but during the pick season those are also available from the hotel. At the reception there is a nice book shelf with books, but mostly are in German language.
The swimming pool is really nice and the water is clean, in front of the pool there is hammock where anyone can stroll with a book for the entire day. We did not eat in the resort, but met the restaurant owner Paul, who is also very nice and welcoming. Lots of food options across the resort and those are reasonably priced. Irish pub is also nice. But don't buy fruits food the fruit shop which is on the left side of the top resort,. they charged very high price of the fruits, much higher than Tesco Lotus. WE also did not like the massage (forgot the name) which is in the line of top resort (left side)
You will get umbrella and binocular in the room and that's another plus. No wifi in the room but may be those are free in the reception. Did not even think of using internet during our stay there. You will get free drinking water in the reception. Including everything very worthy experience. I give a five star to this resort and if I go to ko chang again I will definitely stay there.

Room Tip: I stayed in the corner most sea view room just below the restaurant. I liked that very much
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Taskina_H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel and the lovely owner accommodated us so graciously. the rooms are spacious and the beds some of the mist comfortable i have ever stayed in. Pauls restaurant is wonderful and i have reviewed that separately. Our stay was great. Brilliant value fir money. What more can i say. I'll be back!.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room its worth it. Book directly with Micha.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Like always the top resort is top :) again a wounderful stay with my wife we are both happy and we would like to stay forever ! Nice rooms nice pool , wifi,great staff great food very nice garden with a lot of butterflys and geckos .. Cool area for playing beachvolleyball or badminton ..privat balkony at the poolvillas.. Love it!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris N
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I don't think I can add anything of value to the other reviews here.

I booked this hotel as a last minute get away to the island of Ko Chang and I picked this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. As usual the Tripadvisor community provided a good judge and I found the hotel to be a lovely place to stay for a few days.

The apartment I had was clean and spacious and the resort itself, although nothing to look at from the road out front, has a lovely swimming pool and nice grounds. It always felt like there were very few people staying here even though reception told me they were full (hence why I was upgraded for free from a hotel room to an apartment)

Very pleased with my stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RichardCambs
corfu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed at the hotel in February for 1 week.
I was lucky because while I had booked for Stantard room,
there was no room, and they given to me Bungalow
with sea view. The rooms are clean, and surrounding
area very nice. The pool was small, just for kids.
Generally I had a nice stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

As a part of my 7 day Thailand trip, stayed at the Top Resort for 2 nights and I must say I am really glad that I did. Everything; the room price, staff (reception, room service, restaurant etc.), the room size, facilities & the service; was top notch. Although I must mention that for me the best part was the seaside restaurant on top of the resort. The restaurant manager was very friendly and so was his staff, but more importantly the food was delicious & they had a good range of drinks. I was supposed to explore other food stops on the island but I simply couldn't stop going to this restaurant.

Both thumbs up to Top Resort. I am definitely going back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sahil23Oct
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel lovely pool and gardens with lovely sea views looks very poor from the outside but inside it was very clean and peacefully especially as we were in the back the front rooms would not be so good as they face the street
On a downer the beds were like cement blocks impossible to sleep on maybe it's the thia way but I think I'll pass on this place for the sake of my back ' we got accommodation near by with perfect beds

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple