“The Best Place to eat in Koh Chang”
Review of Pauls Restaurant

Pauls Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 233 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Open from 7am- till 12pm 5pm- till open end The restaurant offers International and Thai dishes. Special menu for children. And, of course served at our terrace. Koh Changs most beautiful sunset!
“The Best Place to eat in Koh Chang”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We 7 friends were put up at Amari Emirald cove enclave at Klong Prao beach 2 which was situated10 odd kmps away from white sands beach where the restaurant Paul's is situated. Eager from the reviews of trip advisor we reached the place at 1.30 pm in the afternoon only go find it closed. We were informed by a Thai lady who stayed nearby that the place is open only until 10pm. We decided to keep the plan open for the evening. It was almost 9.30 when we left the hotel that evening for dinner. With our chances of racing the restaurant on time was looking very bleek, we decided to , on our rented scooters , zoom as fast as we could . We actually managed to make it in time to place or order just before the kitchen closes. Our efforts definately paid off.

Firstly the ambiance of the place was fantastic. Is situated on the terrace and had full view of the sea. Although we were there late evening we could only see ships lighted up at a distance. I'm sure the view from there in the day would enhance the ambience 10 folds.

We were greeted by a 6 foot tall sweet gentleman by the name of Paul who looked in his late 40 ies . Paul took no time to make us feel comfortable . Actually during our dinner we had conversation with Paul to learn that he had a 17 year old grand child. But Paul's age could have been guessed only with his cunilary skills.

Now let me tell you more about the food. The Tuna steak and the salmon steak was just amazing. Also the spare ribs were cooked to perfection. The Lasagne was very tasty. All the portions were huge in quantity without sacrificing on the quality.

Overall we had a splendid time at Paul's and will recommend this place to every one who is visiting Koj Chang. Truly the numbet 1 restaurant in Koh Chang.

Would like to thank Paul for this wonderful experience and recommend him to start a chain of restaurants all across Thailand.

Paul S, Geschäftsführer at Pauls Restaurant, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Hi there, Family of seven from Mombay! Thanks for you great review, much needed. And feels good. Reward for our hard work. My Team is grateful........ Hope to see you again! All best Paul.

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vienna, Austria
“Super Disappointed”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I do not understand how this was rated number one on tripadvisor (which was the reason why I went there in the first place). Food way okay, but not as good as in other restaurants in the White Sand Beach area. Very dirty- bottles and glasses of guests that left long ago were not removed throughout my stay there which was about an hour. Paul was trying to be friendly but obviously trying to hard. No sea view, due to lack of lighting. I did not at all feel comfortable there and would not recommend this to a friend.

• Visited April 2014
6 Thank carola k
Bitte, mal schön die Kirche im Dorf lassen!

Carola K. Vienna, Austria “Super Disappointed”

Yes, disappointment on both sides!
Carola K: I do not understand how this was rated number one on Trip Advisor?
MY ANSWER: Easy answer: Carola K, hard work and only hard work. My restaurant is since six years among the Top 10 in the province. And don’t discredit 121 reviews of my guests. Please.
Carola K: Food way(?) okay, but not as good as in other restaurants in the White Sand Beach area!
MY ANSWER: Yes of course, this is personal matter of taste! You review one of Koh Chang Restaurant, as outstanding: what is Rank 129! Don’t forget is the customer made me No.1!
Carola K: Very dirty- bottles and glasses of guests that left long ago were not removed throughout my stay there which was about an hour.
MY ANSWER: This is now the biggest joke: there were no glasses only bottles. The bottles on the floor and located far on the side of the terrace, the bottles holding the Mosquito Curls.
Carola K: Paul was trying to be friendly but obviously trying to hard.
MY ANSWER:. I don’t understand: trying what?? I have only taken your order and for rest of the evening never returned to you table. My staff Mey took of you table of six! I smelled trouble with this table.
Carola K: No sea view! (WOW)
MY ANSWER: The terrace is located 11m from the water (Golf of Thailand) Every night you see, from our terrace, around 40- 60 Boats with green light, fishing! Beautiful!
Carola K: Due to lack of lighting!
MY ANSWER: Yes, at is also dark at night in Koh Chang. But we have installed, since years, 4high spotlights, spotting our old trees and the water (Golf of Thailand)
Carola K: I did not at all feel comfortable there and would not recommend this to a friend.
MY ANSWER: OK, tell you friends…….I need to defend myself, because the reviews are my daily bread. I just believe you like to pay me back something. It is not my place to judge you or your friends behave, here in my restaurant!
All the Best. Paul
“Magic olace”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Awesome food, awesome place, awesome public, awesome beer! Great great great! You must visit Paul's Restaurant!

Thank MsMiramix .
Paul S, Geschäftsführer at Pauls Restaurant, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Paul and his Team saying "Thank you " for you great review in Trip Advisor! We also trying to serve our guest to the fullest! Say you again!
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Lovely food, lovely helpful owner, beautiful setting”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We (me and my fiance) went for a sunset meal and weren't disappointed...we got there a little early and Paul made us feel very comfortable...very funny guy...food was fantastic, the view was amazing, all in all superb. Wish we would have had more time on the island, we would have definitely gone again. Don't miss out!
Simon and Nana (England and Thailand) and Bruno (our Chihuahua)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Simon D
Paul S, Geschäftsführer at Pauls Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Hi Guys, to have you both and Bruno, absolute pleasure on my side! You want be forgotten! But thanks so much for you great review at Trip Advisor..........Have a great day, you made my day. Paul and his Team
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and setting”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Paul is funny and full of anecdotes, and the food was exceptional. We had the seafood pasta (Great) and the Penange curry and yellow.

Visited April 2014
Paul S, Geschäftsführer at Pauls Restaurant, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Good morning, to a wonderful couple! (Specialty, from Washington, DC. My old work place) Thanks for you nice review at Trip Advisor! Me and my Team are happy to served you! I hope to see you again. Koh Chang the Sun Isle of Thailand send you the best wishes! Love Paul