“Paul's # 1 for me”
Review of Pauls Restaurant

Pauls Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 233 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Open from 7am- till 12pm 5pm- till open end The restaurant offers International and Thai dishes. Special menu for children. And, of course served at our terrace. Koh Changs most beautiful sunset!
Ko Chang, Thailand
“Paul's # 1 for me”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

K
Fantastic variety and good size portions. Enjoyed tasty food & drinks, with good friends watching the sun go down into the ocean from an elevated position with sea breeze.
Great service, clean and the host ensured a pleasurable evening.
Will be going back for sure !!!

Paul S, Geschäftsführer at Pauls Restaurant, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest. Thanks, you make smile..... (more than words)

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manchester, England
“Very confused how this is number 1 in Koh Chang”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I really wasn’t sure how to approach this review. The food wasn’t terrible, but initially I felt obliged to give it 1 star, as I am baffled how it is rated as number 1 in Koh Chang. The place is nearly impossible to find, as it’s actually part of quite a low quality hotel/resort (Top Resort) and you will not find a single sign anywhere referring to ‘Paul’s restaurant’. I too was staying down in Klong Prao, so it was quite a distance to travel to get there, but I trusted Tripadvisor 100%, so was determined to find it. Well, I wish I hadn’t bothered. The food was just about average, bordering on poor. The host (presumably Paul) was nice enough, but I certainly wouldn’t go back and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. It’s not often Tripadvisor lets me down, but this time it did.

If you have taken the time to read this review, then go elsewhere. There are lots of fantastic places to eat in Koh Chang, but unfortunately this isn’t one of them.

• Visited May 2014
Paul S, Geschäftsführer at Pauls Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
My dear Guest, my first and only Question: "What is your Point!"
Why you call us " Low Quality Hotel" you did not stay in our Hotel! "What is your Point!
(Would be productive and useful: to write what is bad or not good and we could fix it!)

About NO Sign of your Restaurant: There in not 1 Sign but 2 big neon sign! One located on the Street, one on first Bungalow and 1 above the door entering the Restaurant!" All together more than 19square meter. (As our proof I posting for you 6 Pics in Trip Advisor)

But thanks for your time and effort. It is a matter of facts: my sales up 23%, because people come to see what you and Karola from Vienna, wrote.

All the Best!
Paul
Toronto, Canada
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Really great seafood pasta and Curry. Paul the proprietor was charming funny and made great recommendations. When he thought we ordered too much he said: "No, that is enough for you for now!"

Visited April 2014
1 Thank JayKayAndDana
Paul S, Geschäftsführer at Pauls Restaurant, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
My dear Friends. Thank you for visting Pauls Restaurant. It was a pleasur to serve such Fine Customer, which enjoy Good Food. Good Luck. Greetings from sunny Koh Chang! Paul and hisTeam...
“The Best Place to eat in Koh Chang”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We 7 friends were put up at Amari Emirald cove enclave at Klong Prao beach 2 which was situated10 odd kmps away from white sands beach where the restaurant Paul's is situated. Eager from the reviews of trip advisor we reached the place at 1.30 pm in the afternoon only go find it closed. We were informed by a Thai lady who stayed nearby that the place is open only until 10pm. We decided to keep the plan open for the evening. It was almost 9.30 when we left the hotel that evening for dinner. With our chances of racing the restaurant on time was looking very bleek, we decided to , on our rented scooters , zoom as fast as we could . We actually managed to make it in time to place or order just before the kitchen closes. Our efforts definately paid off.

Firstly the ambiance of the place was fantastic. Is situated on the terrace and had full view of the sea. Although we were there late evening we could only see ships lighted up at a distance. I'm sure the view from there in the day would enhance the ambience 10 folds.

We were greeted by a 6 foot tall sweet gentleman by the name of Paul who looked in his late 40 ies . Paul took no time to make us feel comfortable . Actually during our dinner we had conversation with Paul to learn that he had a 17 year old grand child. But Paul's age could have been guessed only with his cunilary skills.

Now let me tell you more about the food. The Tuna steak and the salmon steak was just amazing. Also the spare ribs were cooked to perfection. The Lasagne was very tasty. All the portions were huge in quantity without sacrificing on the quality.

Overall we had a splendid time at Paul's and will recommend this place to every one who is visiting Koj Chang. Truly the numbet 1 restaurant in Koh Chang.

Would like to thank Paul for this wonderful experience and recommend him to start a chain of restaurants all across Thailand.

Paul S, Geschäftsführer at Pauls Restaurant, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Hi there, Family of seven from Mombay! Thanks for you great review, much needed. And feels good. Reward for our hard work. My Team is grateful........ Hope to see you again! All best Paul.
Vienna, Austria
“Super Disappointed”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I do not understand how this was rated number one on tripadvisor (which was the reason why I went there in the first place). Food way okay, but not as good as in other restaurants in the White Sand Beach area. Very dirty- bottles and glasses of guests that left long ago were not removed throughout my stay there which was about an hour. Paul was trying to be friendly but obviously trying to hard. No sea view, due to lack of lighting. I did not at all feel comfortable there and would not recommend this to a friend.

• Visited April 2014
6 Thank carola k
Bitte, mal schön die Kirche im Dorf lassen!

Carola K. Vienna, Austria “Super Disappointed”

Yes, disappointment on both sides!
Carola K: I do not understand how this was rated number one on Trip Advisor?
MY ANSWER: Easy answer: Carola K, hard work and only hard work. My restaurant is since six years among the Top 10 in the province. And don’t discredit 121 reviews of my guests. Please.
Carola K: Food way(?) okay, but not as good as in other restaurants in the White Sand Beach area!
MY ANSWER: Yes of course, this is personal matter of taste! You review one of Koh Chang Restaurant, as outstanding: what is Rank 129! Don’t forget is the customer made me No.1!
Carola K: Very dirty- bottles and glasses of guests that left long ago were not removed throughout my stay there which was about an hour.
MY ANSWER: This is now the biggest joke: there were no glasses only bottles. The bottles on the floor and located far on the side of the terrace, the bottles holding the Mosquito Curls.
Carola K: Paul was trying to be friendly but obviously trying to hard.
MY ANSWER:. I don’t understand: trying what?? I have only taken your order and for rest of the evening never returned to you table. My staff Mey took of you table of six! I smelled trouble with this table.
Carola K: No sea view! (WOW)
MY ANSWER: The terrace is located 11m from the water (Golf of Thailand) Every night you see, from our terrace, around 40- 60 Boats with green light, fishing! Beautiful!
Carola K: Due to lack of lighting!
MY ANSWER: Yes, at is also dark at night in Koh Chang. But we have installed, since years, 4high spotlights, spotting our old trees and the water (Golf of Thailand)
Carola K: I did not at all feel comfortable there and would not recommend this to a friend.
MY ANSWER: OK, tell you friends…….I need to defend myself, because the reviews are my daily bread. I just believe you like to pay me back something. It is not my place to judge you or your friends behave, here in my restaurant!
All the Best. Paul