“Nice place, little pricey”

Chez Pauls Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 341 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open from 7 am- till 12 am and 5 pm- till 9 pm The restaurant offers German, International and Thai dishes. Special menu for children. And, of course served at our sea view terrace. At the moment we have some staff problems and I am alone in the kitchen, I try my best, but if you are planning to come with a big group, please make a reservation! January breakfast buffet.
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Great food and nice owner. U can sit inside which is not so common on koh Chang. Not the most competitve prices though. European food.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

We’ve eaten both breakfast and dinner here for the past week. Good quality of both food and service from the staff!
Both the thai dishes and non-thai dishes were really tasty and served in a tasteful way!
Highly recommended!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

When entry I wad surprised - finally clean, well managed restaurant at Koh Chang. Was really ready to give them 5. Restaurant is small but well arranged and clean. Quite sure that manager is out of city ))).
Thai stuff is friendly and working exactly by instruction. Problem starts if they don’t have instruction))
So:
- all door and windows open, there was strong wind outside and draft wind go through restaurant. Not comfortable
- I count 23 gecco everywhere in restaurant)) hope they don’t touch my plate

We order double schnitzel for my son and Vienna for me. As I can say, double one was perfect! Well done covered and fried (maybe little bit over fried). Vienna - not at all! I think it’s depend on cook, his knowledge about meet and oil temp. So, my wasn’t good.
Ketchup is Heinz that’s hardly go out from bottle)), but taste fine.

So: if there will not be so strong wind, less gecco and insects I will give 4+, my Vienna is just half mistake)))

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I was really hoping to write a positive review on this one, but they missed the mark at all levels!

The setting is spectacular over looking the ocean, but they've crammed so many tables into a such a little space, they're hitting cafeteria status. My table had 1 seat looking out to the ocean and the other looking into a wall! The waiter actually tried to seat me facing the wall.

I had the chicken cordon blew, tasteless and seemed I had saved it from anymore freezer time. Hardly any cheese and was tipping shoe leather status too.

The menu is mostly thai.

With a huge reduction in food choices, a better cross-section of food choices, a few bottles of wine on display, an astute attention to sauces and this place could be the shining star of the island.

It just seems their trying to please so many different food categories and have the volume of people in order to survive, but in return is actually hurting them substantially. I was the only table at 7:00pm.

The only reason why not 1 star, the view is really picturesque.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Jonky1
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Had the schnitzel everyone is talking about.
Looked pretty humble when it arrived in the plate but one would have been enough for the 2 of us.
Really nice food and great view too

Date of visit: April 2017