“Almost perfect”

Ranked #51 of 115 Speciality Lodging in Ko Chang
Moscow, Russia
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Wonderful bungalows sitting on the beach - what else do you need during your vacation? Location of this hotel is perfect, for sure. Big and clean room, good wi-fi, continental breakfast. But there were some minuses also.

The first night on the island we met rather big spider in the bathroom, I don't know whether it was poison or not. I called a guy from reception, he came with a broom and moved the spider out. On the balcony spider began to run to the broom handle and that guy from reception who was carrying the broom seems rather scared. But his friend said to me that it's not dangerous (what else she could say though?). Regarding the fact that there was no ants in the room, it's wonderful how the spider managed to get there? May be via the floor drain as there was no grate on it? Anyway, this guest was unpleasant. Honestly, if there was no spider, I'd give this hotel an Excellent mark.

There's no safe in the room but this is the one and only thing the room lacks. Hotel doesn't have a restaurant, they serve breakfast in the reception hall, so in the evening you have to eat in nearby KB Resort or go uphill and search something there. It's not the problem though, it's more like a notification.

The staff during breakfast was laughing too loudly. I'm not a big fan of somebody laughing (or making some big noise) when I'm having my meal, so if you don't like it too please bear this in mind.

One more notification is that the hotel has its own pier so there will be sorng taa ou (not that many, though) moving to and from the pier through the hotel' territory. Another guests you should be ready to face are elephants washing in the sea. There's something like an elephant farm not far from Kaibae Hut.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Thai first
glossop
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We arrived here after a 13 hour journey from Siem Reap for a stop over before we went to the hotel we were suppose to be staying in due to leaving Siem Reap earlier.

OMG..... our first experience was a big stage with a group of locals on the loudest Karoke I have ever heard.

The staff, well whether we had woken them up but oouldnt be bothered was their attitude we said we wanted food ..shut was their answer. We were taken to our room by a very friendly porter who was the only member of staff that was. The key to the door was sticking. The door has been damaged badly. The room... mmm clean however the bed was diabolical when I got out of bed my husband bounced up and vice versa. Someone had put their fist into the side cupboard. The bathroom was mouldy. Just wanted to get out. Next morning I sat out on the balcony and the rubbish that was between the wall and the other gardens was unreal. Thank god only stayed one night.

Breakfast the next day was ok glad we werent staying any longer.

We decided to check out early and go to our hotel up the road asked for a taxi answer was walk up the road for one. I dont think so was my reply in the end I spoke to the manager whose attitude was the same eventually they rang a taxi and we were charged 150 baht for a mile journey which should have been less.

In all would not recommend this hotel to anyone there is far better out there Im sure... shame as the huts on the front are in a paradise location.

Room Tip: The huts appeared to be much better than the villa area