Lowest prices for your stay
US$27
Hotels.com
US$27
Agoda.com
US$13
FindHotel
TravelocityUS$27
CheapTicketsUS$27
All reviews bars and restaurants fridge sunbeds accommodation beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

.. Probably could use some renovating.
Room: Big with the stuff you often see in Hotel rooms, TV, safe, fridge, closet, all clean, no bugs, although I had a gecko buddy in the room when moving in, he was nice so I started calling him Jerry, Jerry was gone the next day however. Reading others review it seems people find the bed to hard, I did not feel that way but I'm quite used to "not-so-soft" beds. Now the bathroom is where you start to feel that the place needs a little do-over, old seat on the toilet, barely any hot water, broken mirror etc, it could be a lot worse though.

Area: Quiet part of town, on one side a cozy blue stream with small boats bobbing in the water (when they took off however it sounded like a really powerful lawnmover) and with real Thai bungalows across. On the other side you have an spectacular scene over the ocean. Pool is big but unfortunately full with screaming kids and Russians (just kidding) (well, kind of) the pool bar had ice cream, big thumbs up! 2 min walk and you'll smack in the middle of that place with restaurants and shops.

Staff and stuff: It was a bit hard to get some smiles out of the staff but I hate my job too so I won't hold it against them. The manager lady knew what she was doing and I had no communication problems whatsoever. Breakfast was the copy+paste breakfast you get all over Koh Chang, that's not necessarily a bad thing, I just wish the warm food could be a bit warmer. They have atleast 2 separate routers for WiFi, one for the houses and one for the pool, speed was good and I even managed to stream a couple of videos.

Pro-tips: It's possible to rent a scooter from the hotel for 200 bath/day. The room was cleaned every day around 14. The AC can be adjusted to run quietly, yeah, big news right? But I slept trough the first night in the hellish roar of the full speed fans and want to make sure no one else does the same.

Overall I'm happy with my 2 day stay, I would have extended it if it weren't for the prices suddenly rising, come to think of it I never asked the staff about it but this was according to a booking site. I recommend this place if chilling out near shops and restaurants is your priority.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ardorl
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Coral Resort is beautifully situated right by the ocean and the busy street of Kai Bae is just a short walk away. We were very well received by the staff and was at first pleasantly surprised by our room. We had a very nice view of the nearby canal from the rooms patio.

The room in itself was very small. The bed was VERY firm and my girlfriend even got bruises on her hips. We both got back pains during our stay. The bathroom had a broken toilet seat and there were no shower curtain so the water sprayed everywhere when you showered. The room was cleaned every day.

The pool area was nice and clean. The pool was pretty big and had a nice view of the ocean and nearby small islands. The sunchairs was comfortable.

The breakfast was pretty basic. There's an egg station where you chose what kinds of egg you want and then there's some bread, vegetables, fruit, juice, coffee/tea and some basic thai food.

+ View, most rooms either have view of the ocean or the canal. There are some rooms with garden view.

+ Pool, the pool was cleaned daily and the pool area was tidy

+ Staff, very nice and helpful staff though there can be a bit of a language barrier as they're not very good at English

- Breakfast, basic and dull

- Room, felt small and are in need of renovation, the bathroom especially

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lidstrom
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I brought my senior parents to Koh Chang, Coral Resort. This was more than we could have hoped for. It was quite a lovely place for our family. We plan on coming back. The staff were so helpful. Especially caring for my elderly parents, their service was impeccable. My husband had to work while on our two week vacation. He was able to bill his clients using their high speed internet. Also, if you want to spend your precious time watching T.V they have CNN and some European channels. However there was so much to do, we did not have time to watch TV. We were able to give my parents a much needed, relaxing, vacation. We have vacationed in Chang Mai, Koh Phi Phi, KohTao, Koh Lanta along with South American and Caribbean islands . This by far was our favorite. If you like to party with strip bars and carry on all night, this is not the place for you. You will probably like Koh Phi Phi, not Koh Chang.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 203marcis
Reviewed 27 November 2016

First the good news.

Breakfast was decent, the price for location was good, and the views and large pool size are a huge plus. Besides stunning views, you a short walk away form Kae Bae town, which has a great selection of nightlife and restaurants, and a short walk away from the great beach. If price + location + basic comfort are important, this is definitely worthwhile.

Cleanliness. I've stayed at budget places that were spotless. There was a strong scent of mold in the room. Also debris throughout the hotel grounds (broken tiles, construction materials, etc) even though the hotel was not going through any upgrade while we were there. The pool also had a decent number of dead floating bugs on it. (At least it was heavily chlorinated)

Service. Here is the other part of the hotel that needs improving. The reception needs a little more help. A couple scenarios, not a big deal, but together were unacceptable. First, one of us got bit by their dog that roams the grounds (we never touched the dog, just walked past it - perhaps too close since it was basically in the pathway - and so startled the dog and he snapped, drawing blood). The reception casually remarked, "oh, he just bit the gardener the other day!" as if it was something to be expected. They did provide rudimentary first aid and assured us the dog was rabies free. (Were this my establishment I would have been horrified - and the fact that this happened + their casual reaction to it was the main reason I have to give this restaurant a poor review)

Second, upon check-out (we had opted to extend our stay), we requested a consolidated receipt for 2 nights. The receptionist said "but we gave you one for last night", and "so here is an additional one for tonight". This was completely missing the point. She then claimed that her manager would make her pay the extra night's fee if she created a new receipt for us. Again, completely missing the point, because the whole incident translated into "I'm too lazy to generate you a new receipt". We walked away without a consolidated receipt, as it was a minor deal, but again, this was very indicative of the staff's lack of training.

Salt Bistro. Bizarrely enough, the poolside restaurant/bar couldn't put our order on the room. So when we ordered a drink from the restaurant to drink at the pool, we had to run back to the hotel room to get cash to pay for it. A minor inconvenience, but such a simple fix.

Room tip: Pay a little more for a sea-view bungalow.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2016

We stayed at this resort already several times prior to this visit. The resort is centrally located in Kai Bae within easy walking distance to restaurants, shops and entertainment. The rooms offer reasonable good value for money considering comparable accommodations. Service and staff are friendly and helpful. Room prices include a breakfast buffet with good selection of food. The resort does not have direct access to a sandy beach but only a short 2 Minutes walk away is Kai Bae beach. The resort has one of the most beautiful pools on the island also boosting a pool bar offering food and drinks. Good place for families as well as couples and singles.

Room tip: Front Superior Sea View represents good value
Date of stay: October 2016