“Great food, atmosphere and Thai cooking class”
Review of Blue Lagoon

Blue Lagoon
Ranked #10 of 242 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Created by the owner Yaa, our menu revisits the finest dishes of Thai cooking. "I love eating, I love cooking, say Yaa, but mainly I love my country and I love what we are. My aim intention is that my kitchen live up to thai reputation! Thai cooking reflects our character, it is sweet and simple." The restaurant is on the way to the beach. It is one of the most romantic place of the island, thanks to our private terraces on the lagoon. A bar is also waiting for you in the garden, sometimes with a DJ who will make you dance! Restaurant is open all days, from 7 am to 10 pm.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Extensive menu and really delicious.
Just that tick extra flavor what sets it apart from all the others.
Nice sitting area over the water.
Definitely not for everybody, its rather laid back nature/ backpacker /eco style than resort-style.
Staff is friendly.
We went there 3 times.
The cooking class is exceptional!
You learn everything about the food and culture, even make your own curry paste from scratch! I went there twice, both my visits to Koh Chang.

There are newer reviews for Blue Lagoon

Reviewed 28 April 2014

the cookery school at the blue lagoon was amazing,you learn a lot about the way Thais cook their every day meals and learn how important the environment is,the fishermen huts are amazing but very basic over looking the lagoon ,it's so unusual you have to take a look ,the restaurant serves brilliant food and it's just minutes from the beach

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stumble across this restaurant when we tried of crossover bridge to the other side of the lagoon. The restaurant were groups of rustic huts build above the very clean lagoon. We noticed they also have cooking class there as well.
The menu was extensive and very cheap. Everything we ordered was delicious. The food took a while to come maybe due cooking class happening at the same time.
We were happy with the food. The service was a bit slow like most places on the island.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This restaurant is tucked away, built over the lagoon that feeds into the see next to the Tropicana Resort. We stumbled across it while walking from the road - and then decided to skip the hotel breakfast and eat a light lunch (with beer) on four occasions. Identifiably home made food, beautifully presented in a charming setting.

1  Thank TheMortyVicker
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We went in that restaurant in 2010 and it was really delicious, a reference in terms of taste and quality. Nevertheless, we decided to have a diner this week and we had only basic thai food dishes which have not the same quality and refinement. Even the atmosphere has changed; the restaurant does not have the same success with the local people it had in the past. The owner has changed and I think it is the explanation.

Go to Iyara Sea Food restaurant at Klong Prao Beach; here we have found the same good quality and the waiters are very nice.