“Respond on bad reviews”

Price range: £3 - £10
Cuisines: Greek, Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: OUR STORY El Greco is a family restaurant established in 2012 in Koh Chang by me Kostas from Rhodes Island and my Thai wife. My success story and dream came true in 2012 when I opened my first restaurant in Koh Chang with Greek cuisine and amazing traditional dishes. Not only Thais but thousands of foreigners in Thailand have visited us over the years, and today (2022) we are the highest ranked authentic Greek Restaurant in Thailand and perhaps in all Asia! From our beautiful new decorated restaurant we serve great cocktails and big selection of Greek wines, lunches and dinners prepared with ingredients imported from Greece, all dishes are served in the Greek traditional way. At our new and much more beautifull restaurant in Klong Prao, you will be transfered to Greece by looking around you the new decor design and listening to traditional Greek music. Enjoy your relaxed holiday with amazing food, while in Koh Chang Thailand. Kostas and Family El Greco, Koh Chang, Thailand
Reviewed 23 June 2021

I want to respons on some recent bad reviews. I know Kostas already for 11 years from my time on Koh Chang. El Greco was first on Bang Bao Pier. Just before Covid he took over Noren resort and combined that with his excellent greek kitchen. Covid made him close the resort and start on a new location in Klong Prao. Kostas is a fighter that never gives up. His primary goal is to serve excellent Greek food. You can say that he has to start all over again. That means that he has to start with a limit amount of staff and do the kitchen alone or with maybe a helping hand. He is a survivor that takes care of his family. Most places are closed, he is still open. He will never cut down on quality for which he deserves my respect. Sorry to read that there are persons who expect a first class service from a restaurant that struggles and try to keep service but remains on quality. That means in these days that waiting time for FRESH food can be a little longer. Kostas, RESPECT!

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank Edwin N

Reviewed 21 April 2021

The restaurant serves a mix of greek, thai and western food(burguers, pasta...), but mainly many greek dishes.
We had the opportunity to go there during our holidays, and we would have repeated but we did not have enough time. Food is so good.

In our case we had some greek starters, some lamb and some beef, and every single dish was delicious. The beef and the lamb perfectly cooked and very taste all served in nice "dishes".

The restaurant was clean and the staff correct. If I should put a "but" in this comment is that a better selection of wines would be appreciated, at least for some of us :), but it is a minor detail.

It is a restaurant I would recommend to anyone who visit Kho Chang and there is no doubt I would be back if we go Koh Chang again.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank Xavier L
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Would like to share our experience with El Greco - I would give it a pass next time, we wasted more than an hour. We found the menu options were not as extensive as other Greek restaurants we have seen. Food took more than an hour - and even then only three of five dishes were served. It took another 20 minutes for The rest of the food. And then the food was average. Most certainly not worth the wait or the advertising.
We were not the only ones and we could see another upset couple. The staff were sweet and apologised but the slow kitchen service just meant that the restaurant is not being run to meet the capacity envisaged . Three staff seem to be running around serving and cleaning ( and apologising). The place doesnot live upto the advertising unfortunately. Hope this was an exception but we are definitely not going to suggest this place.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 12 February 2021

We've had an outstanding food experience, as always! Can strongly recommend New Zealand Tenderloin steak prepared by Kostas himself, along with original Greek salad and finishing the process with super tasty Baklava. Visiting El Greco everytime we're on Koh Chang became a tradition.

"Where good food rolls...!!!"

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank Andrei K
Reviewed 1 February 2021

Every time we make a trip to Koh Chang I make sure that we visit Kostas at El Greco. He makes the true and the best lamb gyros ever! My girlfriend is vegetarian, luckily Greek cuisine saves this issue immaculately. Always happy to go there.

Date of visit: January 2021