“The place to be”

Ranked #44 of 276 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Monkeys Restaurant & Bar offers you a wide choice of homemade meals - well known western dishes,steaks, pastas, Mexican,chicken dishes, Thai, Cambodian & our famous Monkey Burger. We have clean, comfy surrounds with a relaxed atmosphere. We have free Wi Fi, free pool table, live English Premiership football, puzzles and quiz nights.Our waiting staff speak reasonable English and will try their best to give you good service.We welcome singles, couples and families We are located in the middle of White Sands Beach Resort.
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Me and a friend stumbled across monkeys bar while trying to find our bearings on white sands and stopped off for a quick pint. So glad we did not only do they have a large selection of beers I was over the moon to see cider on the drinks menu,something of a novalty for me living in cambodia.
We got chatting to mick the owner and Rob the manager asking the usual touristy questions and they were both very helpful even providing us with hand drawn maps of the island of hot spots not frequnted by usual tourists. We decided to stay for lunch I had the lasagne it was excellent. Needles to say we returned many times in our short stay on the island and the staff really do look after you the simple things like moving and adjusting fans if they can see you are hot, always smiling and actually look happy to be at work. Not only is this place a great restaurant it also covers all aspects of sport on three large tvs I had a great few nights and early mornings watching the boxing. Can't thank rob and mick and all there staff enough for their hospitality I will definitely be back and spreading the word.

MickD239, Owner at Monkeys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

What can I say Paul? We do what we do. Me and my staff just try out best to make customers feel welcome. To us that`s not work it`s just natural. I`m glad you appreciated that. Given your background your review means a lot. thank you and i know we`ll see you again.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had an awesome night with nice food and drinks with some swedish friends. Love Monkeys, everything was great, especially the atmosphere and hospitality from the waiters, and also owner Mick who entertained us with magic tricks and nice quizes.

MickD239, Owner at Monkeys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

It was a pleasure to have you all at Monkeys. I`m happy you all enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, especially as Koh Chang gets a little quieter at this time of year. We have intriguing quizzes on all the tables which often keeps customers occupied. I`m glad you had fun doing them and since you won a Monkeys T-shirt for your efforts....wear it with pride in Sweden :-).
I`m glad you mentioned the hospitality of my staff. They have been with me a long time, all speak good English and all know their jobs. They actually work best when we are busy, so this time of year, when the restaurant is quieter, they can take their collective foot off the pedal a bit, which I I remind them of but completely understand.
As for the magic....only a few special people get to see the full repertoire.
Have a safe journey back home and hope to see you all again.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This restaurant is recommended for European or American to visit, the food tests good and the service is really nice. We went there for the first time and their boss just greed us with his quiz, we got good prices for winning. Really good restaurant.

MickD239, Owner at Monkeys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your review David. The Best on the Island eh? That`s big praise indeed considering there are over 300 bars and restaurants on Koh Chang. It`s not really for me to agree or disagree, that`s down to customers. We just concentrate on doing the best we can at what we do. It`s great to here you say we are the best and I know we are a popular restaurant. But it`s also good that Koh Chang has many other fine restaurants and bars who offer something different to Monkeys. Nevertheless I am humbled by your comments. Thank you....oh and well done on the quizzes :-)

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on 21/04/14

I had the chicken in garlic sauce with garlic mash, it was perfect considering getting a good traditional plain meal is hard to come by in thailand. My partner had lasagne and it was a large size for a woman but she said it tasted beautiful. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

MickD239, Owner at Monkeys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you so much for saying the chicken in garlic sauce and our lasagna, which is homemade, tasted beautiful. I told my chefs about your comments and they were smiling from ear to ear. And thank you for recommending Monkeys Bar and Restaurant.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was in and out of monkeys for four days on my trip to Koh Chang. Finally on my last evening and after hearing that Lou Carpenter form neighbors recommends the special home made Monkey Burger, I couldn't resist. I was actually surprised at just how good it was. It had an amazing char grilled flavor and was infused with rosemary and garlic. It was absolutely bursting with flavour. If I'm back in Koh Chang a monkey burger will definitely be on my list of things to do. P.S. The fillet steak and lasagna ain't too bad either ;-) Also at just 600 baht a bottle, the house wine is a bargain.

MickD239, Owner at Monkeys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

It was our pleasure to have you and Ann dine with us Rob. I`m glad you succumbed to temptation and went for the Monkeys Burger...I`m even happier you found it so tasty as well as Filet Steak and Lasagna. I look forward to you coming back to Monkeys and Koh Chang again.