“Avoid at all costs”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Open air Italian / Thai place... Sat down at a table, 15mins later still no service, we called two waiters over, still no service... Got up and walked out. Avoid

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Thebates22

• Polish first
england
“Made a mistake”
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Wish we had done some research first!
We were in the area for some shopping having come up from amari emerald cove and chose this place as it seemed popular and served a variety of foods including pizza which I fancied as a change from Thai food delicious though it is.
The waiter who took our order was quite pushy and over familiar in a false kind of way.
My pizza was soggy and tasteless and my husbands grilled pork was chewy.
We should have known better I suppose though we had eaten perfectly acceptable western style food elsewhere .

Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent Thai dishes”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We had several meals at this place close to hotel and very very satisifed with all the Thai dishes. The service is a bit slow, but for us it was all worth the wait. The staff was very service-minded and friendly.

Visited December 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
“Unapologetic”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I aksed TA to add this listing so that I can provide the first review in this site since there were none. I usually go to this length usually for a restaurant that is either above and beyond and or on the flip side if it is really terrible. Well reading the title above and rating I have given I am sure you probably have already figured out that this won’t be a good review.

This restaurant would probably get an average review if we had not run into an incident which was handled by very poorly by no the than the restaurant manager himself.

After a day of sailing on the beautiful shores of Koh Chang with few friends (me, my partner, a friend of mine from US and his Thai wife) were looking for some good Thai food to eat and we settled on this place. It is on the main drag in White Sand Beach and it’s street level patio sitting, display of fresh seafood on the bed of ice on a big wooden boat right in front of the restaurant and guy grilling next to it, and with bright big sign all are sure attention grabber.

We ordered bunch of items including some clams. It arrived promptly and since were hungry we dug right on. But we quickly discovered that except of first few ones the rest of the calms were rotten and tasted really bad. We flagged a waiter and our Thai friend explained to her what the problem was in Thai language – she went away and sent the manager on duty. Manager, upon listening our complaint, instead of apologizing and either replacing the food or offering the refund however responded with an attitude that he bought thsse clams from local fisherman in the morning and there was no way of telling if they were good or bad. We were speechless when we heard this. It displayed that he lacks the most basics of conducting a business, any customer service or for that matter any common sense. He left the saying there’s nothing he could do. I asked our Thai friend if we could at least get the refund because had barely one tenth of it. She said probably not. We cancelled rest of the order and wanted to settle the bill for few drinks and appetizers. Sure enough they had charged us the full price for the order of clams. Our Thai friends suggested that it was not worth creating a scene for mere 300 Bhatt item and it would be better we just left from there. For us it was not matter of few hundred baht but more was matter of principle. My friend, unhappy about the whole incident, made a remark to the manager that we would probably never vist there again. The manager lanaded a final insult by saying “I will see you in next life” which of course had very a bad connotation.

This review is our response to that incident so that we can alert other visitors planning on going there. Having said that we have nothing against hard working staff who work there. I also want to add one more comment – in a high touristy area, even with a bad customer service, an establishments like these can still run and even thrive for a long time because chances are they will never see the same customer again and new unsuspecting tourists that visit these types of places (probably once in a lifetime) will continue to fall on the trap. With forum like these however we can change that hopefully so that they can get that their act together.

• Visited September 2012