“Friendly service”

Tamarin restaurant
Ranked #13 of 231 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Tamarin Restaurant opened on december 17th 2012 in Bailan with thanks and love to family and friends.The name of the restaurant comes from Tamarind the fruit which we use to prepare many of our delicious recipes.To satisfy you, into our menu, we only get what we know how to do. Everyone is welcome :)
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Friendly service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We checked out Trip Advisor and thought we would have a meal at the Tamarind because it has such a good rating. The girls operating the restaurant were SO friendly and truly lovely but to be honest the meal itself was average and the restaurant was dirty. I think it becomes a bar at night so if the bar scene is what you are looking for it maybe ok.....

• Visited August 2013

• Thai first
Stockholm
“Try Tamarin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I had a great time here with my girlfriend. Its Cozy to sit here nighttime and eat dinner.
The vietnamese springroll was superfresh and well made. I Loved the tamaringsauce baked whole fish, this was the best fish I ate during my vacation in Thailand.
The burger also was extraordinary.
I can often be picky couse I am a chef by my self, But Tamarin suprised me whit great flawours.

Tamarin serve both western and eastern food and chef seems to be talented.
I like the fact that the menu is not too long but its more focused to bring the best flawour out of each dish. That the owners explains about their food at first page of menu shows that Tamarin are passionate bout what they do.
I wish that Tamarin keeps up to good work

and thanks

Stockholm, Sweden
“Great food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

If you are even remotely close to this place visit it. Great service great food. The location is the only thing that is not a five on the score. It is placed by the road and there are a few mosquitos but it is well worth it anyway.

“Adorable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Very very good restaurant, located in the south of koh Chang. Big plates and friendly staff. Very nice food! We're here in low season (July) but there still open (compared to most other restaurants on the island) don't miss this place!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What can I say....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

This restaurant is the perfect place to eat, meet people, have a drink or just chill out on a rainy day.

The food is tasty ; from traditional Thai or Cambodian meal to awesome western burgers, all the family will find its way.

The staff is kind, friendly and helpful. They ll gladly talk to you and you won't have that feeling that they just want your money. The chief is an expert in culinary art and whatever you ask she ll do ! The owner staiphane can speak many language and got so many stories to tell, you can spend the afternoon talking with a drink.

All the plants trees and flower, mixed with the music help you to relax.

The tamarin is the perfect spot, not only to eat but as well to meet people interesting and fun as well as relax and enjoy your holiday on the island.

I'll be back...