“good food but overpriced.”
Review of Tarzan Island

Tarzan Island
Ranked #187 of 266 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Finally went here after 6 weeks on the island and only because it was raining and we didn't want to ride any further. My girlfriend was well impressed with the spaghetti and my baguette was extremely average. Prices were well above what my tight bottom wants to spend but the girlfriend was unusually happy with her food so it passed.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Terrible staff...good food (perfect are noodles with shrimps all other are anything spicy with rice :-D) typical prices for koh chang..

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Yes, it was packed during high season, but many of those people were waiting for their food, some leaving before it came! Once ours did come, it was ok, good size portions and if you stick to the standards, you might not be disappointed. Breakfast was way overpriced though, so avoid that: 200 baht for a set of muesli/fruit/yogurt, with toast and orange juice? Should have been half that!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Went into the Tarzan for no other reason than it was packed with other Westerners. We felt a bit guilty since there were other restaurants completely empty and probably just as good, if not better, than the Tarzan. They do have "live" entertainment which featured a guy on guitar working his way through a catalogue from the 1960's. The food was ok apart from the Beef Massaman Curry, which was pretty revolting. Massaman curry is my favourite Thai dish, so I feel I am a bit of an expert. The main problem was the colour, it was very dark brown, in fact, nearly black and I cannot think of any dish from any country which is nearly black in colour. It tasted a bit of Massaman curry, but the "beef" was 50% gristle and the dish didn't have any peanuts. I wanted to make a joke to my wife about the look of the curry, like, "I'm going to murder that dog!" but I fought the impulse. Needless to say, this was our first and last visit to the Tarzan eatery.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Owner plays the guitar and sometimes a friend plays the piano: live music while you eat.
Kitchen has an odd location: it's in the small parking lot in front of the restaurant. So it looks as if the place started as a bar, and was turned into a restaurant. Simple menu but the dishes are good! So.....it's fun to sit here and listen to music and have a great meal atvthe same time. We enjoyed it very much