“Mundane tourist fodder.”

Ta Tum steak house
Ranked #188 of 231 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Mundane tourist fodder.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

We were enticed into this place more out of desperation than desire, we were hungry and the tour seemed pleasant enough. We ordered our usual staple dishes of Massaman Curry, which was rubbish, just Green Curry with some potato thrown in. My wife had Chicken with Cashew Nuts, this was exactly that, except with some nasty glutinous crap mixed in. It would seem if you like proper Thai food, if possible, you really need to avoid going into any restaurant in Ko Chang with a load of Westerners eating in there, as this usually is a recipe for bland, awful food.

Visited December 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
“Promises, promises.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I happened upon this restaurant during my 3 week stay on the island and having read the menu myself and my good lady decided that we would take a break from the kids and treat ourselves to a meal here. so we arrived and were seated by a pleasant guy, we ordered our drinks and then spent the next 20 mins deliberating what we wanted to eat and this is no mean feat! the menu is fantastic and there is plenty of choice. we stayed away from the steak as we thought is was slightly overpriced for what you got and I have to say that turned out to be a great decision. in the end I went for chicken wings and baby back ribs and my lady went for chili chips and a burger. now these choices were based on the description in the menu! so we sat salivating waiting for our food. upon its arrival our faces dropped! my chicken wings looked like they had just been left in the sun to cook and were just sprinkled with a little cheese, no sauce and as it turns out no taste, my ribs, which were supposed to "fall off the bone" were meant to come with a barbecue sauce and a jalepeno coleslaw only when the turned up the ere nowhere near what was promised! my dog would have struggled to pull the meat from the bone. my partners chili chips had no chili and were barely cooked and her burger at best was average! there are many, many better restaurants on this island so I would spend some time looking for them an avoid Ta Tum steakhouse at all costs! by far and away the worst meal I have eaten in 40 years!!!!

• Visited September 2013