This hotel could really been SO much better,- if just they tried little more.
When we arrived there where no towels in our room (the same problem in our friends room). They used 2,5 hour to provide this !!! Had to wait to take shower 3 hours - when arrived.
- TV not working, bed-side lamp not working and so on...
Why not check this before allow new customers to their rooms.
The pool look VERY nice,- but water was to dirty that you could not see your fingers if you put your arm under water - so max visibility 50 cm. (When we asked in pool-bar about this, they say "Will be better tomorrow" - but this was their reply every day).
The pool-bar was only partly with staff - could wait 30-45 minutes between someone there to take your order. This is NOT ok!! No bell or anything to get anyones attention...so just had to sit and wait. Many frustrated customers near pool on a hot day.
Cleaning in room was good, but when people order food in room-service and leave plate with food still on it, in hallway - nobody come to take this away (then animals come). (This was still in the stairs after 15 hours).
Breakfast - good. But,- ants all over table, that also crawl in to food made our experience bad. So little they need to do, for fix this - but still - not care.
This hotel look very nice when you arrive, a real "hide-away", and a nice place for 2-3 nights, but bcs it is SO far from all activity you getting bored easy. To get to any shops/restaurants, you need taxi to White Sand beach, over a small mountain (very bad road), and this will cost you, if you not use hotel shuttle, that end early (7.30 pm).
All over - maybe a 4 star hotel when new - but not anymore. And to far from everything...for long-term stay.
And if staff only do SO little - more.....customers would be 10 times more satisfied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are Pet Friendly Resort- Situated in the Gulf of Thailand is a tropical island paradise, affectionately called Koh Chang or in English, Elephant Island. Koh Chang is the second largest island (429 square kilometres) in Thailand after Phuket. Despite its size Koh Chang is quite undeveloped. It is a picturesque island of virgin rainforest, untracked jungles, high mountains, spectacular coastlines, fine white sandy beaches, clear blue sea, colourful corals, breathtaking waterfalls and an abundance of marine life. Aiyapura Resort & Spa Koh Chang is an independent hotel located on a forty acre beach-front property in Klong Son Bay. Beautiful Thai style villas and suites are surrounded by green tropical gardens with ocean views, set around a large 30 metre leaf shaped swimming pool. We offer the perfect natural environment for rest and relaxation, and a well-located base to explore all the activities Koh Chang has to offer. Koh Chang can be reached from Bangkok by direct flight in only 45 minutes, or in 5 hours by car or the hotel van service.Only 5 minutes from the ferry pier (many high end resorts are up to 1 hour from the pier) and White Sand Beach is easily accessible with the hotel shuttle bus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sawasdee, Agoda, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Aiyapura Koh Chang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aiyapura Resort And Spa
- Aiyapura Resort Koh Chang
- Aiyapura Hotel Koh Chang