Currently enjoying our last day on the beach at the front of this hotel! The staff are friendly, rooms lovely and food good but the problem is that you just can't seem to get food and drink! I've just waited over an hour for two bottles of water from the bar an this has happened every time we wanted anything to drink or eat! Food takes ages an ages an ages and sometimes you can be shown to your seat in the restaurant and sit their with no drink or even being given a menu. For two nights we have had to leave the restaurant and go outside of the resort for food as they just don't seem to want to serve you!! Most nights the restaurant is empty so we just can't seem to understand why the lack of service...having worked in the restaurant for years it does seem to be due to lack of training! The management blame the trainee staff which seems unfair as they seem to just be a bit lost as they don't speak English!
All the staff are friendly, in particular the reception staff just lovely! Same two entertainment singers every night who were good but sang the same songs!
I wouldn't return due to the really really bad lack of food and drink service. I don't mind waiting when people are busy but this is just a joke! Sorry to say this but I am still waiting for our waters...1 hour and 20 mins later! They are in bottles usually, with no glasses ...why so long??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Found on the sands of Klong Prao Beach, Koh Chang's west coast, the four-star Centara Koh Chang Tropicana Resort is framed by lofty green palm trees and the deep blue waters of the seascape. The natural surroundings of the resort and its rustic-styled cabanas ooze tranquillity yet guests will enjoy a wealth of facilities and activities including an oceanfront swimming pool with Jacuzzi, a swimming pool with children’s pool and waterslide tucked into the gardens, a sumptuous spa, a fitness centre, beach sports, kayaking, and water sports. Snorkelling and diving are available on request while nearby attractions include forest paths, waterfalls, and a fishing village. Families and younger guests are well taken care of, with two aged specific kids’ clubs, a games area with table tennis and darts, and family-friendly rooms and cabanas with ample living areas (from 37 to 67 square metres). The cabanas, some of which set steps away from the beach, use natural materials and thatched roofs to blend seamlessly with the rustic feel of the resort. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the resort. Centara Koh Chang Tropicana Resort is easily reached from the pier via the island's ring road (approximately 30 minutes). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travelbag, Fastbooking, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Centara Koh Chang Tropicana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koh Chang Tropicana Resort And Spa
- Koh Chang Tropicana Hotel Koh Chang