Stayed with my family during May 10-13, 2014
- reasonable price and spacious room (we stayed in the premium deluxe cabana).
- friendly staff
- breakfast was good with varieties. personally liked the banana pancakes. but food replenishment was slower after 9 AM.
- white sand beach but there is a dirty canal nearby the hotel beach which leaks dirty water pass hotel beach.
- poor welcoming and luggage handling during check in. I understand that it was during the peak holiday period but the hotel should have prepared better.
- air con in our room wasn't cold during daytime and bedside lamp wasn't working. Could have called for maintenance but staff should have checked everything is in well working order before allow guests in the room.
- bed mattress was no the hard side and the pillows were too high (thick).
tips: for a little over usd100, premium deluxe cabana including breakfast is a really good deal. don't bother paying more with the "sea view" price since the sea view bungalows are not directly connected to the beach but is next to the pool and the seaside restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Found on the sands of Klong Prao Beach, Koh Chang's west coast, the four-star Centara Koh Chang Tropicana Resort is framed by lofty green palm trees and the deep blue waters of the seascape. The natural surroundings of the resort and its rustic-styled cabanas ooze tranquillity yet guests will enjoy a wealth of facilities and activities including an oceanfront swimming pool with Jacuzzi, a swimming pool with children’s pool and waterslide tucked into the gardens, a sumptuous spa, a fitness centre, beach sports, kayaking, and water sports. Snorkelling and diving are available on request while nearby attractions include forest paths, waterfalls, and a fishing village. Families and younger guests are well taken care of, with two aged specific kids’ clubs, a games area with table tennis and darts, and family-friendly rooms and cabanas with ample living areas (from 37 to 67 square metres). The cabanas, some of which set steps away from the beach, use natural materials and thatched roofs to blend seamlessly with the rustic feel of the resort. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the resort. Centara Koh Chang Tropicana Resort is easily reached from the pier via the island's ring road (approximately 30 minutes). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Travelbag, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Koh Chang Tropicana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koh Chang Tropicana Resort And Spa
- Koh Chang Tropicana Hotel Koh Chang