“Refurbished huts”

Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Thai, Scandinavian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The White Elephant is located on White Sands Beach, opposite to Top Resort. Features: The Islands largest selection of beers from all over the world - Free pool table with high quality accessories - Choose your own music: Music Station - Extensive winelist - Champagne and Prosecco - International Menu with Nordic, English and German specialities - Nordic quavits/schnaps/bitters. - Koh Chang's No. 1 Sports Bar - we show it all! - Friendly atmosphere - a place for all the family! - Nordic "snus" and candy on sale. - Lounge area With Xbox 360/Playstation and many games!
Reviewed 26 March 2017

Hut accommodation alongside swimming pool refurbished spotlessly clean freshhuge towels every day, cleaner pool attendant excellent. I didn't really use the restaurant too much so my comments regard the few times I ate there.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I ordered a ravioli with spinach, it was a really good ravioli, really well done! So the food is tasty.

Though, we didn't feel welcome at all, the waitress was on facetime, ignoring us until we actually walked up to her in the bar. Nothing unusual in Thailand but not a good first impression.

The thing that makes this place totaly not worth to go to is the size of the meals. For 295 bath our meal included 7 (SEVEN!!!) pieces of ravioli and a small side sallad of the size of a small tomatoe.
We left just as hungry as when we came.

FrankN-TH, Owner at The White Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear Hampus
First of all, thank you for visiting us, and we are very happy that you liked our food.
For the size of the ravioli it is true that each portion is 8 pieces of ravioli plus a side salad. The ravioli is homemade and we do think it is an adequate price for the quality and quantity.
However, if you are very hungry we have a lot of other options on the menu with big size portions and affordable prices.

The staff are told not to use their phones when we have customers in the Restaurant. We will follow up on that issue again.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Well received by the staff and owner
Great beer selection which is why I went
General pub games pool and darts
Would love to win their chase the ace game

Reviewed 16 February 2017

As a resident of Koh Chang this is definately one of my favourite places, especially when I need some good 'farang'(european) food. Massive beer selection, nice atmosphere, always good food and the staff are friendly - what more do you want!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I have been too koh chang 6 times in the last year now. They have the best mixed food you can ask for. I come to this restaurant everytime I'm on koh chang because it has to be my first stop. To do with the food after my long travels. Thai and western food is the best there. One place i know I'm not going to get ill. I got a soft spot for their curry and chips, chicken fried rice, but my favourite is the fry up. I cannot find a place that rates near the quality of the food. I found it so hard in pattya,Bangkok and Phuket. To find a proper fry up. If you want decent food, make a quick stop at the white elephant. But as well not just the food. The staff are very nice and are warm and welcoming. I was there in 2016 new years night. They had lovely fireworks and a tremendous buffet that night. It was one of my favourite nights in my life ranking number five with the lovely atmosphere there.