“nice place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 72 Hotels in Ko Chang
montigny le tilleul
“nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

we have been at this place by recommendations of friends. it's a very nice place comfortable with direct access to beach. We enjoyed a lot the nice swimming pool.
The only things is the location at the end of the main road.
staff are very friendly, rooms very well decorated.
i would recommended also to anyone going with family in koh chang

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

My review is based on the "Hill-Side Deluxe Building" rooms.

The Kacha Resort offers a range of different styles of rooms. So if you're considering staying there, please check their website carefully and ensure that you understand the type of room you are booking. There is a BIG difference between their villas, bungalows, and the "hotel-style" rooms in their buildings. The Hill-Side Deluxe Building is a new construction, across the road from the beach, and offers more of the modern conveniences that you are unlikely to find in the bungalows.

The room was large, nicely appointed, and quite stylish. A lovely bed, a nice modern bathroom, and a good-sized balcony with a small table and a couple of chairs. Overall, it was a very comfortable place to stay, but in hindsight possibly a little "over the top" for a short stay on Koh Chang. I was there in peak season, so the rate was around 2800 Baht per night.

The resort offers two large pools: one on the ‘beach side’ of the road, which was very popular; one on the ‘building side’ of the road, which was equally nice but less populated. The pools are real highlights of the Kacha Resort. Ended up spending more time in the pools than in the beach, which isn't particularly special right in front of the hotel (ie. you need to walk a couple hundred metres further up White Sand Beach to get to a nicer stretch of the beach).

I couldn’t fault anything about my stay here. It’s a popular place, so it was very busy at the breakfast buffet, which made it a less-than-relaxing experience. But enjoying breakfast overlooking the beach was a great way to start the day.

Overall, I thought the Kacha Resort was very good, albeit a touch on the expensive side for an island getaway. But as my photos show, it is a nice resort.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
8 Thank The_Made_Guy
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

Overall I found this to be a fairly good hotel and with a little bit of effort could be very good.

I found the staff to be very pleasant. However it is not spa and resort, it is just a hotel. When I was there I didn’t see any evidence of Spa or massage facilities open at the hotel, nor enough other facilities that would justify itself calling itself a resort!

I found the breakfasts to be good.

Now the little annoyances, WiFi is not free and is expensive by Thai standards at 120baht an hour or 500 for a day. This was particularly strange as guest houses on the same road that charge less than 400baht a night offered free WiFi! In fact this was the only hotel on my recent Thailand travels that charged for WiFi

The wording on some of the warning notices around the hotel almost regard the customer as the enemy! Don’t dare think of taking anything out of the restaurant at breakfast time or you will be charged the full menu price. Only one pool towel is allowed per person per day and has to be signed out and back in, this is particularly annoying when a thunderstorm has just started and you have to join a queue of people in the rain waiting to give your towel back to avoid the 500baht fine. Also don’t get your towel too dirty during the day or there is an additional charge for that too!

While I am all in favour of recycling, I was not too happy to see that they recycle the photocopy they take of guests passports. The back of these photocopies are used for recording the list of who took towels during the day and I saw many passport photocopies as the 'towel minder' was trying to find my room number to record the towel that I was taking. I also saw them also when he was not there and I has to sign my towel back in. If they must recycle the photocopies of passport photos it should be for other passport photocopies and these copies should not leave the office and should be confidentially disposed off when no longer required!

This is a good hotel that could be a very good hotel if it just stopped became a bit more customer focused.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Currently staying at the Kacha Resort. We originally booked up for just three nights with the view to move to another location on the island for the rest of the stay. After exploring the island we could not find a hotel anywhere as good. We are staying in a deluxe hillside room with views over the hillside pool - rooms spotlessly clean with free water daily, kettle and tea/coffee, comfy kingsize bed, tv with a few English channels and excellent air con and fan. Lovely balcony with chairs and table. The hillside pool is quiet, just what we like, with a swim up pool bar. The breakfast is lovely with plenty of options (American, Thai, fresh fruit and salad etc). I would recommend that you book through agoda.com as the rates are 50% cheaper than booking direct with the hotel. Only reason I have not given an overall 5 star rating is due to the wifi not being free and not even working if you did decide to pay ... Loads of bars and cafes near by have free wifi if you do need a Facebook fix or contact friends and family. Would defo stay again if back on the island. Rent a motorbike from opposite the hotel as good bikes at good prices.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

We were both impressed with our stay at the resort. Our room was on the hillside location. It was very clean and comfortable. Our view from the balcony allowed us to see the sunset nightly.

The pools were both large and clean. We spent most of our time at the hillside pool because it had less people. The ocean front one stayed very busy.

We were very impressed with the breakfast buffet each morning. The selection was huge and the best breakfast we had during our entire 2 weeks in Thailand.

The location was great because it was within walking distance to other bars, restaurants and shopping.

Overall, our stay in Koh Chang was my favorite part of our visit to Thailand.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Jess5219
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

My family stayed here earlier this year for 1 week. The resort has two side the beach side and the hill side. We stayed in the deluxe hillside rooms. Clean modern and good sized. Shower was difficult to maintain temperature but a minor issue. The breakfast has a good variety and well stocked. The main menu serves mainly to Thai dishes which are nice if you are looking for more varitty you will find many restaurants in walking distance from here. Both pools very nice.. 2mins walk from the beach and White sand beach is a great general location. Would recommend and go back any time.

You may also want to know that there is good car parking spaces running directly behind you the deluxe hillside rooms so if you drive to Koh chang dont worry about where to leave the car

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank scooba_drew
Devonshire, Bermuda
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

First off my family agreed with my review. Let's start the only decent thing there which is the pools. That's it! When we arrived our air conditioner was not on so the room was really hot. We turn it on and it would not cool the room. We call for someone to come and they resolved the problem by saying it takes a while to cool the room. It took 3 1/2 hours to cool that room. Why wouldn't they have the room cool for us. We didn't want to turn it off during the day cause of the length of time it took to cool the room but "nicely" house keeping did that for us. So coming back to a hot room every day was pretty annoying. Ok next towels for the pools. They have a rule one towel a day per guest. So you have to keep the same wet towel the whole day. If they see its soiled a little they asked for 40 Baht (around a dollar) not a huge deal I know but when you call yourself a spa resort I'm not expecting to only allowed 1 towel for the whole day. I have a little girl so to have to give her a wet towel all the time, let's say she wasn't impressed! Next room key. They only give you 1 room key per room. To have another key you have to pay 300 Baht, around $10 USD but you get it back when you check out. As we check out they did not want to give me my money back for the extra key. I did not lose the key. I gave them back 2 keys. The reason was because when I purchased the key I did not have the receipt! I said really, but you have the key, the thing that is worth the ten dollars. This place was backwards in every way. They scammed you for everything. This was not a spa resort in my opinion. Oh and the place inside (hallways) very dreary, dark, and no elevators. I kept saying it looked like a school in the hallways. To end this review all I have to say is go at your own risk and dont say I didn't warn you!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family