“Alarming experience”

Chang Buri Resort and Spa
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Ko Chang
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was reading a review about a couple who had their money stolen. I wanted to further warn people aboutthis place. 2 years ago i slipped on fallen fruit that had not been cleaned up at this hotel. I broke my leg in several places. The cost of this accident which was completely caused by this hotels lack of care has to date cost me 10,000pounds. The owners son was dreadful to me at the time. I had to be moved to another room untill my leg was stabilized before my return to Bangkok. they tried to charge me for this. They said they would call the Police if i didnt pay. I told them to go ahead. I went back to see the owner to talk about what had happened to me 4 months later escorted by the Police. He shrugged and said he did'nt care and he had no public liability insurance. The owner of Changburi i have found out is a multi millionnaire and local big business man. He doesnt care about his guests ir what happens to them in his hotel. So beware if you chose this hotel. Possibly think again and reselect. Stolen money, broken limbs nothing concerns this man except for amassing his oersonal fortune.

Room Tip: Dont take the risk. You may lose your money ir even worse
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 321Philippa

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Big luxurios room. Good breakfast. Helpfull staff. Very good hotel. The swimmingpool was very good, and the Beach was very near the hotel. It was problem to get out in the sea, very stony. I can recommand this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simen61
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

For all the customers in this hotel BECAREFULL!!!! they have the keys for everything even for the safety box!!!
We came there for our honey moon and 1 day before to checkout they took our money from the safety box!!! The service it s not too bad but the manager i really hope he will fired fired fired!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Anna R
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We locked the door, left our key in the reception. Bad move. While we were out to dinner, someone entered our locked room, stole my phone which I had (foolishly!) left clearly visible on the nightstand.
Me and my wife returned after dinner and realised our room had been broken into. By someone with a key!
Security staff were useless, thoroughly unhelpful, and refused to take any action nor responsibility.
After many years of travelling and living in hotels and guesthouses in Thailand, this is the first time I have been stolen from in this way.
We will obviously not return to the Chang Buri Resort and Spa again, ever.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jakonthemove
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed for 10 days right on songkran festival. After the festival, white sand beach was a lot more quiet. Breakfast rated 7 out of 10. Staff are not as good as other Thailand destinations, however there is unique ness to Koh Chang we enjoy. Beds in the villa is a lot softer than the ones in the building. Suggest upgrade to a villa stay. The walks along the beach were a morning highlight. All meals in White sands beach were great. We enjoyed seafood, curries and all that was to be had.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helena C
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The hotel was centrally located for the beach, shops and restaurants. The building was really nice and the grounds and the swimming pools were very well looked after.The staff were friendly and helpful. Comfortable beds and good air conditioning with no apparent outside noise. The included breakfast had an amazing choice of food and drinks.The service was excellent too. We had a few tiny problems which were fixed in 5 minutes by the staff.
The room was very clean and the whole hotel had a good cleanliness feel about it.
When we first arrived a drink was waiting and a load of discount coupons offered to us as well.
All in all a very nice stay at this hotel, only one thing, there was only one channel in English on the t.v. which was national geographic. I did expect more, but nevermind. ..

Room Tip: We were in the superior hillside room, which is across the road from the main part of the resort. Th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dale S
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I live and work in Thailand and travel down to Koh Chang quite a bit. I had not stayed at the Chang Buri before but had wanted to for some time. I found a good deal on Agoda for one of the 'hillside' bungalows and settled in for a nice long weekend on Koh Chang. I was not disappointed. The Chang Buri offers good service, lovely views of Chang's hills, 2 nice pools and a fantastic breakfast. They even help you flag down a taxi for the ride back to the pier. White Sands is also the best area on Chang, so the Chang Buri's location in the middle of the town is perfect. Check out the seafood bbq restaurants check to it.

Room Tip: Seafood restaurants to the left and Paddy Palms Irish pub to the right.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple