“Nice and cozy resort, that fully for filled our expectations.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Chang
Orchid Resort Bailan
Ranked #55 of 72 Hotels in Ko Chang
“Nice and cozy resort, that fully for filled our expectations.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed at the Resort from the 16.-21. of November. Can't recognise or understand any of the bad reviews. We had a fantastic stay, and really enjoyed the facilities at the resort. Especially lying in the jacuzzi in the evening, looking at the stars. Absolutely tremendous! Found a "hot deal" at sawadee.com and only payed around 950 baht pr. night for a superior bungalow, but would defernitlly stay there again at the full price of 1500 baht pr. night. Talked to the owner a couple of times - seemed nice and helpful. Didn't eat there, so don't know anything about the food. The rooms are nice and clean with a good cleaning service. Nice for a couple.
Only slightly negative is, that there are no proper beach there, but wasn't a problem for us, since we rented a scooter, and got around on that. A good way to get around by the way, but wouldn't recommend it if you're inexperienced, since the roads are small with a lot of sharp curves. And regarding the beach the resort also has a free shuttle bus if you don't like the scooters.
But go to the resort and remember to use the jacuzzi - it's fabulous :-)

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Oleguer23

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
nieuw-vennep
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

We had a great week in Orchis Resort! The room (with seaview) was good. The service of the staff was great, as well as the food. The pool was good. Each morning Pe brought us to the beach and that was great!! The only beach on Koh Chanh with free beds en free chairs and also very good food.
The internetconnection is free so we could skype to Holland everyday.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank steven v
Driebergen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

We stayed here 2 weeks ago. Beaufifull hotel, food was exellent and fresh every day. The bungalow was nice although some things need to be taken care off. (our door did not closen properly)The swimmingpool and the jaccuzi were very nice. About the location, its very quiet but when you reád the information you should now that.
The only bad thing is that we were missing 200 Euro out of the safe deposit box. The owner says that he is the only one who knows the codes but when you know 1 code you can also now the rest of the bungalows because it's a very simple way of making them. He wasn't t doing anything about it. They fixed the toilet and in the evening we were missing the money. The owner said het did not now who fixed it?????????
The boy who runs the restaurant ect ( called himself James Bond) is excellent, he will help you with anything and will do anything for you.
We will recommend the place but watch out for your belongings

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank Inge66
Eindhoven
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

Regardless from some reviews, I had no problem with the owner and staff, contrary I had a very good time with them. The pool was refreshing and the whirlpool excellent...
I would surely go back to the place. Also close to great divingspot.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank MichielEindhoven
Frankfurt, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

Very disappointing, especially for the price.. On arrival in our room, the windows had been left open which allowed mosquitoes to fill our room. The windows also had large cracks, so maybe it didn't make a difference (we taped them up ourselves). We also had problems with ant infestation and our complaints were ignored by the staff. The restaurant was not good and way overpriced, especially the drinks. Internet was supposed to be free, but was not working the entire time. Nice pool, but far away from beach access. Much better options in Koh Chang and Bailan.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BuckeyeStu

Travellers are raving about these Ko Chang hotels

Auckland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2010

My life was in danger at this hotel.
If you don't want to have your passport confiscated, your cash and valuables accessible by the owners who choose the safe box code in your room, a day lost at the police station then stay away. Criminal cowardly behavour of a male hotel manager to bash a female guest. He is a bully. His wife was fully complicit with his actions.

I complained about large ants in my drink and luggage crawling throughout my room.
My immediate experience was to receive a blow to the back of the head by the dutch male manager of this hotel while his wife engaged my attention he came quietly from behind. He told me to "leave now" then tried to shove me out the front door minus my passport, cash and bags and advised his 2 staff and Thai wife to "get her on the floor" My watch strap was broken from the timepiece in the struggle and my watch fell to the floor. At one point it was four of them on top of me. I received a large bruise the size of his finger where he had me in a tight grip trying to shove and push me out onto the street.

In self protection I bit him to force him to release his head lock grip from around my neck. He had both my arms locked against my body. I demonstrated to the Thai police how I managed to get a bite mark on him in that position.
I had my passport confiscated by police while the dutch male contemplated charging me with assault for biting him in self defense, at a daylight time the following day that suited him. Therefore I lost a whole day of my precious holiday time. The police station was on the other side of the Island. 1155 is the tourist police number. Remember that number.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
6 Thank assaultedAuckland
Uberlingen, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2010

Really not worth to go to. There are way better and way more friendly resorts around to go to. The staff is so unfriendly, they do not even talk to you when serving whatever you requested. Further the resort's manager totally ripped us off when we rented a scooter with him. FIrst of all it was way too expensive compared to local prices and once we had a flat tyre with this old piece of crap, he wanted us to compensate him for around 50 USD (locally we could have fixed it for around 5 USD as we later found out...)
So my general recommendation: Go look for other places to stay in Koh Chang (there are plenty)!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends