All reviews pool villa lonely beach private beach beach bar bailan bay standard room ocean view bao main pool nice room reception area buffet breakfast quiet location the general manager lovely pool booked nights nice breakfast
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Can't say enough good things about this hotel.

It is beautiful hotel in a green location and still set yourself miles apart with an amazing staff and wonderful service. We were made to feel special. Everyone had a smile on their face and did everything they could to make us feel welcome. The check in process are very fast.

I'm accor plus Platinum member and I can access my benefit to get an upgrade to Beach Front Villas. The rooms are so big comfortable with nice beach view and incredibly well designed with small private pool. You can access direct to the beach.

Anything you need is a quick ask away to all staff member. Or you can just pop your head outside and ask someone at the lobby for help. There are no shortage of willing participants.

We try to buy My Glass from receptionist access the unlimited drinks in he hotel with 2 hour free flow alcohol very awesome. Thai food at breakfast buffet all you can eat they can made fresh by order and I can't believe they can cook real Thai taste not fake taste for foreigner.

The hotel activity I have try only pool because they have charge I think it's not to high price but some of the hotel they can offer free to all guest ie. Novotel Phuket Kamala / Sofitel Krabi.

I am happy to go into much greater detail. But the bottom line - I recommend this hotel without reservation to anyone go as much as you possibly can.

Room Tip: Fly with Bangkok Airways then use transfer minibus round trip service is better than.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
MCKC_Management_Team, Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear TANAKAWEET,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway. It is always a pleasure to receive positive or negative feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services especially in the part mentioned. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcome you back to Koh Chang for next time visit. If you are returning back please let our Front Office Manager or Reservation team know via email fom@mercurekohchang.com or rsvn@mercurekohchang.com"

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I spent 6 days with my daugher here at the Mercure, in a Deluxe room overlooking the main pool and beach - fantstic view!

Both pools were a hit, along with the beach.

Breakfast was OK, as it was limited, but I put this down to it being off season...

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
MCKC_Management_Team, Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear Johannes S,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcome you back to Koh Chang for next time visit. If you are returning back please let our Front Office Manager or Reservation team know. fom@mercurekohchang.com or rsvn@mercurekohchang.com

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 23 August 2018

We arrived the fridge which was obviously not working showed it at 17 degrees room temperature and obviously its needed as its your only source of cold clean water at that temperature its just an incubator for bacteria , easy thing to replace but staff said it was because we added a bottle and yogurt of our own, so no help and no water or drinks in the room for three days and night as the fridge stayed at room temperature for our whole visit,

We arrived at 8 pm traffic busy from Bangkok, no towels in the room , easy to fix , just bring towels , but the response was we checked in too early , housekeeping had not got to the room. Instead of dealing with issues there seems to be an automated response from staff, its your fault not ours. We paid a lot of money it was on the mothers day in Thailand, the week end after it was half the price. We were asked for a 3000 bath deposit that's almost 70 euro, when we got to the room there was a price list that would be deducted from your deposit a small hand mirror about 2 euro in a local market 55 euro if broke , the disposable slippers a fiver. to break the mirror would cost more than the normal rent of the room.

The hotel location was great and a lovely pool the building was clean , staff were fine. three drinks at the bar cost more than our evening meal at a local restaurant. loved the island we found it more economical to eat out rather than the hotel restaurant which was full of package tours paying a lot less than us. The hotel is fine but if you cant get a basic thing like cold clean water in that heat , its not a good refection on the hotel.

Room Tip: eat out save yourself money
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank WaterfordANDme
MCKC_Management_Team, Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Dáithí Ó,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

First I would like to mention their fantastic staff. All genuinely willing to assist you with a smile.
I would like to especially command Thong, the restaurant supervisor, Fang the restaurant head waitress and Sasalak the beach bar barwaitress. All did a fantastic job and their profesionalisme needs to be noted.
The room we had was a superior one, overlooking the second pool. It was very large, comfy tastefully furnished ( exept the tv which was fitted in a weird corner, making impossible to watch from your bed) and all the amenities you wish for.
The buffet breakfast is just superbs, although it is missing some cheese selection which is a faux pas for a french establishement and the sausages chicken or pork are just awful, 200 % rubber junk.
The pool grounds are in need of a reflection if i have be honest. However they are kept clean and fully fonctional.
I was surprised to see that the beach had no beach chairs.
The beach bar has some bean bags but not enough of them.
The bar is nice and tended by great staff.
The beach itself is very private. Sadly is very rocky and the hotel management could have removed them during low tides.
The restaurant is pretty good and very unexpensive. On the first night we were there, they had a Thai buffet going and this was by far our best night. However they should be having more buffet other than just on long weekends. I expected to have at least a seafood bbq during my 6 days stay and even their bbq basket was not available once. So i am disapointed with that one hence one mark short of a perfect score.
Low season or not this should not be an issue for an hotel of this stature.
With regards to their SPA, please do note despite being on the hotel grounds, it is not part of the hotel itself. This creates a bit of confusion and I only heard people complaining about this place and the hotel management totaly washing their hands of these issues. Unacceptable, they have to own to the issues if that place is on their property, period !
As a result we went else where which was much cheaper and just as good if not better.

There is some constructions work going on and it does get annoying after a while, but not as annoying as their Chinese guests who are so loud by the pool, it is not funny. I wish their staff would ask them to stay decent around other guests.

All in all, a good clean confortable 4 stars hotel with two pools, jacuzis, very quiet, private with exellent staff and good affordable food !
I will be back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Zeflyingchef

Dear Zeflyingchef,

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Stayed for four days. Beautiful place for my daughters wedding in July amazing place. Stayed in a first floor room leading out onto the beach. Lovely views out over the sea. Other members of my family were also staying in neighbouring rooms. The rooms were great especially the bridal suite. Fab place. Made you feel like royalty staying in there! They were lovely and clean although the spa bath panel in our room could have benefited from some more attention to cleaning! Couldn’t fault anything else. The hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful. The wedding was lovely just a shame it decided to rain as we just finished the beach ceremony. But you can’t help nature! The staff worked hard to relocate tables and music off the beach to a place inside. We were lucky to see the fire show when the rain stopped and to take some beautiful evening shots of the bride and groom as the sun was going down. The food was fab great choice and we had a wonderful time. The staff adored my 8 month old granddaughter they all wanted to have a cuddle! Hope we get a chance to visit again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank savnunmillcott
MCKC_Management_Team, Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear savnunmillcott,

Thank you very much for your 5* rating on TripAdvisor:) We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back to "your 2nd home" and please let our team know if we can help design your next visit with us fom@mercurekohchang.com or rsvn@mercurekohchang.com.