“Mos friendly and helpful staff!”
Review of Hotel Terrasol

Hotel Terrasol
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for four nights for a break from hostels and couldn't have been happier. Katya was more than hospitable, helping us out with taxi bookings and recommendations of things to do when we had spare time, she even helped look after me when I was sick! I felt so safe and at home which was exactly what I needed. The rooms were very very clean, breakfast was good and location great! Thank you so much Katya and Victor for helping to make our stay in Granada!

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 3 October 2012

I've stayed at Hotel Terrasol twice, in June and September and both times were wonderful easy experiences. The rooms are clean and efficient, and the beds are comfortable. But the best part was the owners', Victor and Katya's, hospitality and cheerful demeanor. Their relaxed attitude makes you feel at home. Their small staff is made up of kind and serious working people. Please remember to leave a tip for them.

Room Tip: The first night I had a room on the street with a nice balconey where I smoke a fine cigar from Este...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed at hotel terrasol for 3 nights in September 2012. The owner ?vicky was so lovely and helpful with showing us things to do, booking taxis and moving us to a room with wifi! The rooms were nice (a tad small) but no hot water which didn't matter as it was so hot here. Hotel is in a good location and they have an included breakfast of fruit and crossiants. Overall was a lovely break from hostels and good value for money (double room was 34USD) would definatley recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Hotel Terrasol on several occasion, the Hotel having been recommended to us by friends. It is a small hotel which is extremely clean and comfortable and the owners, Victor and Katya, are very friendly and helpful, advising on places to visit and arranging trips. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom which again is always very clean. Breakfast is good consisting of juice, fruit, croissants, butter and jam, tea and coffee. The croissants are huge and delicious! The hotel is siutated in a quiet area of Granada within easy walking distance of shops, bars and restaurants and the main city square. The staff at the hotel are lovely and it is always a pleasure to return.

Room Tip: Rooms are available with ceiling fans or A/C. It does get very hot in Granada so if you like a cool...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Victor and Katya helped make our time in Granada a wonderful experience. Each morning they shared with us about life in Nicaragua and gave us helpful suggestions on how to experience Granada.
In addition, the hotel itself was clean, quiet and the bed was fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My husband booked Hotel Terrasol based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. We originally booked the room for 3 nights but ended up staying there for 4 nights. Katya and Victor, owners of the hotel, were so helpful arranging different trips for us. They also gave us so many great tips which only local people know about. The hotel was designed to give a feel of old building, but it was build several years ago using the earthquake-resistant construction technique from Japan. Since it was right after the earthquake in Costa Rica, I felt safe staying there. The location is perfect because it's in the quieter area of the city, but it is really close to where all the restaurants and bars are. We are looking forward to going back in the future.

Room Tip: Recommend to get a room with A/C since it is hot in Granada.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Do yourself a favor, just come straight here from the airport. I traveled in Nicaragua for 5 weeks and found myself coming back to Hotel Terrasol every time I was in Granada. They always remembered me and I was given such a warm and welcoming arrival every single time!

It's a smaller property that has a ton of character, feels incredibly open and warm, serves a delicious breakfast of juice, croissants, fruit and tea/coffee and comes with the friendliest proprietors I have ever met. Need directions? They'll give them to you. Want to go kayaking? They'll set it up for you. Need a car to drop you off or pick you up from the airport? They'll arrange it. Hotel Terrasol literally began to feel like my home away from home while I was visiting Nicaragua. Once, I showed up suffering from a severe allergic reaction, and not only did Victor and Katya give me some TLC, they wrote a note in Spanish and directed me to the nearest pharmacy, which had me cured quickly. Also, when I decided I wanted to visit Ometepe, they arranged for hotel there (El Encanto) that was magical.

Victor & Katya really know how to run this place. It's safe, it's homey and you really can't find this kind of service anywhere else. Located just a few blocks off Central Park and close to everything you need in the city. Whatever it is that you're trying to do in Nicaragua, they can most likely recommend something or point you in the right direction. If you find yourself in Granada, stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo