“Couldn't ask for more from Viktor and Katya”
Review of Hotel Terrasol

Hotel Terrasol
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Couldn't ask for more from Viktor and Katya”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I just came home from a few weeks in Nicaragua, one of which was spent in Granada at Terrasol. They and their staff really go out of their way to help you feel welcome and to navigate the city and the sights around it. My room was well kept and had a beautiful balcony view of Mombacho Volcano. Breakfast was included as well. You really can't ask for more than this in a beautiful city like Granada.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Terrasol for just one night on a girls trip to Nicaragua with no advanced reservations. Katya is a sweet lady who tried hard to cater to our budgets. My friend and I got a room with fan and no breakfast for $25. For just 3 blocks off the main plaza (quiet, excellent location), this was a good deal. Late at night when we decided we needed AC, the night guard immediately helped us out. In the morning Katya called around and arranged transport for us for the whole day, and was as sweet as she could be about it. I was mostly impressed with the staff, and I also had one of my best nights of sleep all week at Terrasol. Definitely will go back next time!

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I recently stayed here for 3 nights. It was a lovely hotel and would happily recommend. The rooms are quite small but have everything you need. From here, you are close to all the major sights of Granada. The owners Victor and Katya were great at helping me sort out trips and onward connections. The coffee at breakfast was good. As a single female traveller, i felt very safe here and if im lucky enough to visit Granada again, would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Heredia, Costa Rica
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I am a college student spending the semester abroad in Costa Rica- my friends and I had to leave for 3 days to renew my visa. I am so glad I made the choice to stay in Hotel Terrasol. The staff is attentive, the hotel is charming, clean, and secure. I loved our balcony that opened up to beautiful Granada.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend air conditioner- Granada is hot hot hot!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

I don't like using air conditioning in hotels, so I thought it would be ok with just the fan. Stayed in the third floor with a very very small window facing the street (west). The fan did not move the air very well in the room. The small window provided no air movement either. If you like ac there's no issues here. You get a good view of the sunsets from up there. Didn't have the free breakfast (toast and fruit) though it was offered every morning. Owners seemed very nice. They cleaned the room every day. I'd stay again if I could reserve a balcony for more air flow in the room.

• Stayed March 2013
katyanajlis, Owner at Hotel Terrasol, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Dear Laosadelnorte
We are sorry you did not have a pleasant stay with us, yes it has been hotter then usual here in Granada in the past couple of weeks. We have been giving extra fans to those who ask . Next time you visit us we would be more than happy to give you a room with a balcony or one with more air circulation. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope we can make your stay more comfortable next time.
Rolling Hills Estates, California
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I spent five nights at the Hotel Terrasol in Granada, Nicaragua, and enjoyed my experience staying room 4 on the second floor which had a small window view of La Catedral and La Merced tower. The hotel is run by the friendly husband-wife team Victor and Katya. They attended to whatever needs I had such as arranging a fun day at Laguna de Apoyo or assisting with locating a bank, finding contacts at a local tourism office, and recommending places to eat. They also let me hang out during many long hours in the restaurant where I could plug in my laptop to work. They have an excellent staff and the hotel is only a few blocks from the Parque Central and other sites of Granada. They have a good continental breakfast of coffee and juice, croissant and fresh fruits. You would have a hard time finding another place here that beats their price and service.

Room Tip: The rooms in the rear have views of La Catedral and are quieter than the ones on the street.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Cottonwood, Arizona
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We enjoyed the warm hospitality of Victor, Katya and staff for four nights and felt like they really cared about making our stay the best it could be. We felt like we were among long time friends right away. Anytime we had a question or asked for advice, they had a helpful response. They truly put their heart into what they do and their staff shows the same caring attitude. Their knowledge of Nicaragua, the history, the places to visit, to eat and to explore is invaluable.

When we had a problem with the a/c on the second night...(we splurged...it was very hot during our stay) we were kindly transferred to another room, which suited us better anyway. We started out with a balcony, which was nice, but when we got the choice of a different room, we opted for room 2, an inside room without windows, however it has a fan and a/c and is very quiet. The beds in both rooms were very comfortable and clean. Oh, and they all have a lockbox that an ipad fits into nicely.

Our tasty breakfast consisted of a gigantic croissant, with butter and Katya's delicious guava jelly, fresh fruit, juice and coffee or tea.

We certainly enjoyed our stay and hope to visit again.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are quieter and darker. Rooms in the back have a breeze from the lake.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple