“Awesome Hotel and Great Hospitality!”
Review of Hotel Terrasol

and 1 more site!
Hotel Terrasol
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 September 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel with a group of about 10 friends, and we had an awesome experience! Victor and Katya were very friendly and did everything they could to make our experience very enjoyable. Victor is also the chef of the restaurant and the food was delicious, made fresh as you order. The hotel was very new, and therefore very clean and well kept. We always felt really safe, as the front doors were always locked. I would definitely reccomend this hotel to anyone visiting Granada, as it is a good value and within a close walk from the central park.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 August 2008

Very helpful owners and staff. Certainly a 5-star experience in Nicaragua's most tourist-friendly city. I stayed at the hotel for one week, using the plush city of Granada as a vacation within a vacation - a welcomed break from camping and hiking the volcanoes near Leon.
Rooms were immaculate, staff very welcoming and the restaurant was magnificent. We only ate dinner away from the hotel a single night in one week - for your own sake, please order the Mandrin Chocolate dessert.
Even if you don't stay in a room, at least try the food.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2008

My wife and I recently spent five days at the Terrasol, where we had one of our most enjoyable hotel experiences in recent memory. The owners, Victor and Katya, are the very definition of welcoming. From waiting for us as we pulled up to the hotel to answering my questions about Nicaraguan politics into the wee hours, this wonderful couple would do anything and everything to make sure their guests were comfortable. The rooms are simple, spotlessly clean, and located just a block or two from all of Granada's attractions. Victor's skills in the kitchen are excellent and the restaurant ranks in the top tier in Granada. To give you an idea of how you become a "friend" more than a guest, we asked Victor one night if he would whip us up a sampler of his favorite appetizers. It wasn't on the menu, yet Victor effortlessly provided us a plate of shrimp fritters, fresh garlic shrimp, and other goodies. Keep in mind that all ingredients are bought fresh and it seemed like nothing was just pulled from the fridge and put on a plate. I also can't let pass Katya walking me down the street to make sure the local internet phone exchange was able to assist in placing an important business call. Simply said, stay at the Terrasol if you are looking to truly know Nica hospitality. If only the hotel world had more Victor's and Katya's to manage the world's inns.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2008

PROS: Located close to historical Granada. Excellent service, the owners do whatever is possible to have customers pleased. Rooms are well decorated, perfect beds.

CONS: No hot water! The hinges of the doors need some oil! They make noise when you open/close them and it's annoying to hear that noise at night when people get to their rooms.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2008

Just wanted to add my comments about Hotel Terrasol in Granada. I found out about it on this site and the reviews were well-deserved. Victor and Katya are excellent hosts and made our stay there very enjoyable. Our room was clean, quiet, and cool and the food was very good too!

Reviewed 9 August 2008

August 8, 2008
After 3 days at Hotel Terrasol I left feeling like I had stayed with family.
Victor and Katya, the owners are actively involved in all aspects of running their charming 10 room hotel set in a quiet, centrally located neighborhood. One thing I really enjoyed was the art collection of various Nicaraguan artists they have collected over many years. The knowledge Katya and Victor have of Granada is vast and they readily share their many insights in addition to booking requested tours. An extra plus is having a restaurant that serves a variety of interesting, delicious meals that Victor adapted as requested.
I found myself in a unique position as I had gotten ill. Katya wisely suggested the doctor be called. IV's and antibiotics were ordered, these were quickly obtained and I recovered with their care.
I am looking forward to both eating at the restaurant and staying at Terrasol again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank tvlamiga
Reviewed 7 August 2008

My wife and I have travelled to Central America twice this year and Hotel Terrasol was a great experience. The owners, Victor and Katya, couldn't be more helpful or more friendly. We were treated like family on each visit. We still talk about the great meals we had at their restaurant, and really miss the desserts! Victor is an excellent chef who perfected his craft in San Francisco. All rooms were well appointed and extremely comfortable. We had enough room for my wife, myself, our 15th month old son and all of his belongings (playpen). Katya and Victor would both help entertain our son so we could enjoy dinner. You will not be disappointed at Hotel Terrasol, an excellent hotel run by great people.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family