“Friendly, well located and wonderful hospitality”
Review of Hotel Terrasol

Hotel Terrasol
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is my second time staying at Terrasol. I like it for its quiet, is well located and especially because Katya and Victor make each guest feel special and taken care of. Breakfast is served in a room full of exquisitely chosen Nicaraguan paintings and ceramica and it's possible to purchase much of the art displayed and then learn about the artists too. I stayed in 2 different rooms, one with a balcony and view of the volcano and the other charming with a window that overlooked part of the city. When discussing travel plans or transportation needs Katya was always ready to make a recommendation or call to arrange with local tour agency. This was greatly appreciated. I look forward to returning to Granada and Terrasol.

2  Thank tvlamiga
There are newer reviews for Hotel Terrasol

Reviewed 15 March 2014

After 10 days at Terrasol my partner and I are happy to call owners Victor and Katya our friends. They are kindhearted, competent people with fascinating life stories (and speak excellent English--they can provide guidance and advice for whatever you'd like to do). We also loved their driver, Angel, whose English was basic but he was so genuine it didn't matter (and he taught us some Spanish!). We hired him to take us to Matagalpa, then again to San Juan, plus to and from the airport. We definitely also consider him our friend.

We loved our balcony and felt very safe. The room was clean, the bed comfy. We appreciated the air con. The staff are extremely trustworthy. We left money and computers in our room. There's a great sitting area downstairs where we worked on our computers at night. The neighbourhood is quite safe, and a few blocks away from the madness of Calzada.

If you are looking for a fancy place, this isn't it. But if you're looking for a home away from home, you'll love it.

Room Tip: We liked our balcony room on the second floor. We used the a/c every night (March--hot). It's a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shawn P
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Great value. I had to move from my hotel, and this is where they recommended. Although the only room they had left was tucked away in the attic with a small window, it was light and breezy, had a fabulous bathroom where everything worked, and a mattress to die for. My best night's sleep in Nicaragua.
I'd give it 5 stars for everything, but the breakfast sucked. Not so much that I wouldn't go back

2  Thank jacottet
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I spent 4 nights at Hotel Terrasol and absolutely loved the place. It's located a short walk from the main plaza and is easy to find. The hotel itself is very clean and the owners do a wonderful job on the upkeep. It's obvious that they are proud of the property and go out of their way to make things comfortable for their guests. I loved all of the artwork on the walls and the breakfast was excellent. When I find myself in Granada again, I will come straight here and know that I''m in good hands. Oh, and if you're lucky enough to meet Marvin at the front desk... he's a gem. Friendly, knowledgeable and just a cool guy. Cheers to all involved at this hotel.

2  Thank Mateo1974
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Beautiful little hotel in a over 600 year old building. Located in central Granada. The hotel is not right on the main street of all the action, so it is quiet to sleep at night. Only a 5-10 minute walk to all the restaurants and bars. 24hours gate guard. Breakfast is included which consists of coffee or tea, orange juice, fresh fruit, and a huge croissant with homemade guava jam. The owners are super friendly and helpful. They booked us a couple tours around Granada and the surrounding area, also negotiating us a lower price. Also have transfers to the Managua Airport for $40 (a 50 minute drive). The rooms have A/C, cable TV, and free WiFi, but the WiFi was patchy for us. Only complaint would be the lack of hot water since there is no water heater in the 600 year old building. Shower is not bad though once you get in, actually refreshing since it is so hot in Granada! Hotel is decorated with art pieces from local artists that are all for sale. We would definately stay here again! Very good value!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is a great little hotel. Prices were reasonable, staff were very friendly and accommodating, rooms were very clean. The hotel is in a quiet, safe area of town within easy walking distance of the main square. There was a complimentary breakfast of juice, coffee, croissant, and fruit. I couldn't rate it excellent due to the following: the rooms are dark-- some have a small window, some have no window (this is due to the colonial architecture), and no hot water (which is very common in Nicaragua). Even so, if I return to Granada I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank boiledpeanuts
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a small B&B well located in central Granada. The rooms were basic and somewhat clean. The duvet cover was in need of a wash. The room I stayed in had a small window to let light in otherwise the room would be pitch dark. There's nothing wrong with the place, it provides basic accommodation, no luxuries expected here. The outside of the house has all the character that's lacking inside, but the staff are helpful. So if you want a basic, no fuzz accommodation this will be the place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014