“Comfortable, convenient, and the best hosts!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Terrasol
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
deacondog
“Comfortable, convenient, and the best hosts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

This is a great hotel! It is small and cozy and offers everything you need. The restaurant is great, free Internet is available, and best of all, the owners Victor and Katya are wonderful. We arrived with only a couple of vague ideas of what we'd like to do in the area. They helped up figure out what to do and set up great tours of volcanoes and other fun things in the area. They know the area really well as they grew up in and around Grenada, but they lived in the US for 20+ years, so their English is perfect. They also helped us plan the rest of our trip, and on their recommendations we changed our itinerary a little, which turned out really nice! We can't say enough about how warm, welcoming and helpful these hotel owners were. This was by far our best stay in all of Nicaragua.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
San Salvador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

I arrived to granada without any reservation at any hotel... And I was luck that a friend made a reservation in TERRASOL and the had an extra room available. The hosts are incredible kind, since u put on foot in the hotel you got a feeling that your stay will be comfortable. The rooms are pretty clean, the bath room is pretty clean, they don't have hot water but it isn't necessary as the water is pretty warm. With the fee of $35 you have access to an american breakfast wich is pretty good a crosaint bred with butter, pretty good natural orange juice, mermelade and fruit. Getting back to the rooms they can be pretty dark at day if you wanna sleep late in the morning. Hotel Terrasol would be my first option if someday I get back to Granada.

• Stayed December 2009
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2010

My husband and I and another couple stayed at Hotel Terrasol while in Granada for three nights and loved it! We used their transport suggestion and although we arrived in Managua in the evening , the driver found us right away and we were to Terrasol in no time. The rooms were small but extremely clean. I highly suggest splurging on the air conditioner as it remained HOT at night in the city. Breakfast was included with the room and was delicious - great coffee - not instant! The hotel was close to the main square and convenient to many restaurants/bars. Victor and his wife were amazing hosts and had wonderful suggestions for things to do and places to see which made our stay in Granada a great experience! My husband and I left some clothing articles at the hotel and Victor went above and beyond to arrange for them to be brought to us at the airport a week later! We suggested Terrasol to everyone we met throughout the rest of our stay in Nica!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

Spent 3 nights here and loved it. We chose to just do a room with a fan, but when we got there we were on the 3rd floor and the windows were TINY so we had to opt for the AC. Other than that everything was great. Victor and his wife were amazing hosts. They helped us plan everything and we sent several families their way once we moved onto the Corn Islands.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Mendocino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Granada, Victor and Katya are wonderful hosts, rest assured, you will be made to feel very much at home.

The restaurant is excellent, I ate there twice, the food is very good and reasonably priced.

Be sure to take a tour through them, you are picked up and dropped off at the hotel, which is very convenient.

I highly recommend the full Masaya Volcano tour, well worth the 35 dollars.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Sherwood Park, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2010

In addition to the meticulously clean rooms and delicious restaurant, what makes this hotel stand out from the rest in its class are the owners and thier desire to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as they can. Rooms are simple, with very comfortable beds, an armoir for hanging clothes and a lock box for valubles, private bathroom with cold water shower. Decorations are tastefull pictures and paintings from local artists. The location is 3 blocks from the central park, which is just enough to escape the noise from bars and bustle, yet close enough that a 10 minute walk gets you to the center of activity.

Katya will make any arrangements required for tours, drivers, taxis, or any other help that you need (sourcing lost luggage!!!). Meanwhile, Viktor's creations in the kitchen are second to none in Nicaragua. Budget more than one dinner at the restaurant onsite, as Viktor's training and enthusiasm for using fresh, local ingredients are obvious once you have dined.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2010

I arrived in Nicaragua on an international flight in February 2010. I had previously arranged with the hotel to arrange to have a driver meet me at Managua International Airport to take me directly to the hotel. The service is well worth it when you arrive at 10 p.m. I did have a little trouble finding the driver, only because I exited out the wrong door. Make sure to go straight, not left, when you're done with customs.

The driver took me the 45 minutes to Granada and the hotel. A night security guard greeted me cheerfully and took me directly to my A/C room with a small balcony overlooking the street. He was very friendly and helpful, making sure to get my A/C working before he left.

The room I had was on the second level, with A/C and a balcony. From the door, there was a small hallway, with a bathroom to the right and the bedroom area at the end. The room was clean, no complaints about that. The small bathroom had a shower (no tub, not that that matters to me, but), toilet and sink. It worked perfectly for me as it was clean and no issues with water pressure.

The bed was supposed to be a queen. I couldn't really tell if it was a queen or full, maybe I could have if my husband was with me. It was comfortable, firm, with two pillows. A third pillow was in the cabinet by the foot of the bed. There was also a small TV with channels in both Spanish and English. (The English channels are from south Florida, and I was delighted to be able to watch the opening ceremonies for the Winter Olympics.) There is a small nightside with a bedside lamp on one side of the bed. And there were three small, lockable cabinets - one of which contained the safe/strong box.
I loved the spanish colonial feeling of my room. I had a vaulted ceiling with a roof made of wooden branches/sticks. There were heavy wooden shutters for the window and balcony door. It just felt very cozy. I will recommend that you bring ear plus, especially if you want a room with a balcony. The street noise can get a little loud and there is currently a construction project across the street. (I got up early every day so it wasn't a problem but I did notice others mentioning it.)

The room includes breakfast down in the small restaurant. The service includes a croissant, coffee or tea, fruit and juice. It does not sound like much, but it was a perfect start to the day. The restaurant at night is supposed to be phenomenal, but unfortunately, I did not get a chance to eat here. Be aware that the hours of dinner are not that long. Be sure to get here in time to enjoy it. You can also access the free wireless internet in the restaurant area and there is one computer for guest use (free).

However, the main reason that you want to stay here is because of the owners. They are absolutely wonderful and extraordinarily helpful. They arranged two tours and the airport pick-up for me, sight unseen. I was warmly welcomed every time by all the staff. It really is a gem of a place and makes you feel like a guest in their home.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo