“Excellent Condo/Apartment Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Moscow, Russia
“Excellent Condo/Apartment Hotel”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My family and I we very happy with the apartment. It was very modern,clean and had everything we needed to cook meals and feel like we were at home. The staff was also very nice and helpful. Our kids enjoyed the pool and the center of town was very close. All in all I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There is off-street parking in the hotel and is guarded all night.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Matthew P
jaysnyder, General Manager at Hotel Xalteva, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Guest,
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Xalteva. Our beautiful pool is perfect for a relaxing afternoon with the family and we also can hang up hammocks and hammock chairs when not raining for your added comfort and enjoyment. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed 14 August 2013

First of all i dont do a lot of recommendations... but our stay here was Amazing. This was the best place we stayed in nicaragua! Our family had a great experience. The staff was amazing. Could not have better....

• Stayed July 2013
jaysnyder, General Manager at Hotel Xalteva, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Since you do not write recommendations I feel so honored that you have chosen to write about us on Trip Advisor. Thank you very much and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We invite any future guest to stay at Hotel Xalteva and you will receive the best Granada has to offer!
Leeds
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

We are at present sitting on our balcony overlooking the pool.
The weather is fantastic and we have a lovely coffee.
The place is wonderful- here is why.....
Very clean and spacious - exactly as pictures show
Very pleasant staff
Lovely breakfast of fruit and cake
Kitchen fully stocked with right pans etc
Hot showers
Lovely pool - big hit with my kids
Easy to walk to a small supermarket ( out the door turn left to end of road turn left two blocks then one more block right)
Or two large supermarkets about 25 min walk & cheap taxi back
Centre and lots of restaurants 10 mins away
Very very safe
Could have been happier here or found better
Would absolutely recommend to couples, families etc

• Stayed July 2013
jaysnyder, General Manager at Hotel Xalteva, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Guest,
We love that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again someday. Nicaragua has so many gorgeous days it is hard not to feel good while rocking in a rocking chair or relaxing in a hammock. So many guests return to Hotel Xalteva year after year as part of our extended family and it is our hope that you may do the same.
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We searched various travel sites in attempt to get the most value for our dollar and saw this place. The first thing I noticed was that the photos uploaded by past patrons of the hotel looked exactly like the photos taken by the owners. That says a lot about a place.

We arrived at the hotel after a 2 hour delay of our over night flight (I hate Spirit!). The owners, who also happened to be on the same flight, insisted we go straight to our rooms to get some much needed rest and take care of the details of checking in and paying our remaining balance in the morning. We REALLY appreciated that.

When the door opened to our suite, my jaw dropped. It was spacious and spotless! It was a 2 bedroom suite, living room, dining room, kitchen stocked with 2 coffee makers, 5 gallons of water, spanish tile, the list goes on. The 1st room had its on bathroom and 2 entries, one thru the living room and the other from the patio. I arrived too tired to check in but spent the next 15 minutes taking pictures of every inch of the space to take back and show everyone where WE got to stay.

The next morning, on my way to get some coffee, I ran into 1 of the owners who was on his way to do the same. He asked how we slept and if we needed anything. He made me feel like a guest in his house.

Unfortunately that morning I had my 1st bad experience in Granada, a cold shower! *shiver* I was a little annoyed and upset about the prospect of cold showers throughout the duration of my stay. But as soon as that was mentioned to Fatima (the front desk attendant), the head of maintenance arrived with a wrench and a pipe and 10 minutes later, scorching hot water for all!

We found out later that morning the the city tour we scheduled wasn't going to happen because i didn't "definitively" confirm it. I ran into Jay again and expressed my frustration! Luckily, he was quick to offer a solution, a city tour with Carmen. Despite the short notice, this person was available; she quite entertaining.

I can not think of a moment throughout the day that I did not see someone cleaning something, cutting something, or rearranging something. This is a very well maintained hotel. The owners were visibly present whether it was out on the porch of their suite drinking a cup of morning coffee or in the office giving us recommendations of where to eat and where to haggle. The staff was pleasant, accomodating, and met every request with a smile.

My only dislike was that the wifi connections were weak. I had to be in the same room as the router in order to get the signal strength I need to use my wifi calling. In addition, I wish their "light" breakfast was a little less light. The light breakfast was an assortment of fruit and small danish. I would have some sort of protein like eggs or a tamale or something remniscent of a typical Nicargua breakfast.

Room Tip: Go with the suite!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback, it is much appreciated. We are so glad that you noticed so many details about our ambiance and our staff members. We encourage all guests to let reception know of anything they need be it hot water, a new light bulb or even batteries in the television remote control. Thank you for letting us know so that we could take care of the problem quickly. We are also glad to have been able to find a solution with another tour since the company you had contacted on your own did not follow through with you. Thank you also for your comment on breakfasts. Our breakfasts are made to start the day and should you need additional breakfast, Hotel Xalteva has information in each welcome packet so that guests can order additional and traditional homemade dishes. Dona Elena and Dona Ana are both local women who cook great meals at a low cost so that our guests can experience the flavor of Nicaragua. Thank you so much and we look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Great value amazing staff they got me anything I needed including babysitting for a night I felt very safe and well cared for!!!! Melissa and her staff were always helping me with tours, taxi, and anything else I needed!

1 Thank Ahughes44
Thank you for choosing Hotel Xalteva, it was so nice to meet you and your family and we will be glad to have you again. You are correct, we can arrange a wide variety of services including babysitting by our staff members who love meeting new people and helping out guests. From tours, transport and manicures and pedicures pool side we want to make your vacation special and are so glad we met you expectations!
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2013

While on a short vacation with family, we stayed at this condo hotel for 1 night and then decided to stay 1 more as the place was gorgeous. The service from Melissa and Jennifer is great; always with a smile and willing to give you the information you need. Breakfast was included, though maybe too little for me. We stayed at the 101 condo, downstairs and right next to a stairwell and the reception making it a bit too noisy for us. We could easily hear children giggling and screaming in the pool, running up and down in the stairs and walking in the upper floor. That woke us up early, but didn't ruin anything for us. Maybe other guests may find that annoying, but we just dealt with it. We would definitely go back, and we are wanting that to happen soon.

Room Tip: If possible, get a condo upstairs and as far away from the main entrance as possible as they are qui...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BlueFoodie
Dear Guest,
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. During busy times we have so many people enjoying their stay and we are glad that noise did not detract from your positive experience. Please ask us for a second helping of breakfast if you are still hungry as we are happy to serve you and as you mentioned, you can also request a room further away from the pool area. It was a pleasure to have you here and we look forward to your next visit.
Pittsfield MA
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Reading through other reviews, I see I don't have much new to add, but I'll echo others' praises nonetheless. Hotel Xalteva was outstanding: first-class amenities and service without a hint of pretension.

Breakfasts featured customized fruit-bowls (don't like pineapple? No problem, they'll give you extra pitahaya... Prefer melon? You got it...). The pool, which I enjoyed every evening, was clean, not overly chlorinated, and just large enough to do some actual swimming in or to share comfortably with other guests. The apartment set-up is a well-designed space that served our needs efficiently, and the decor is attractive.

And, as others have noted, the service was exceptional. When we had additional guests staying over, staff brought in (and set up) a high-quality inflatable bed. When the air-conditioning went out in one of the bedrooms, they got it fixed the next day. A Magic-Jack telephone is available for free or extremely cheap calls to the US, and there is wifi both in the apartments and on the computer available in the front office. Melissa was always ready with ideas, recommendations, and good-natured, bilingual help of any kind.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Many thanks to Melissa and all the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LVPD
jaysnyder, General Manager at Hotel Xalteva, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Dear Guest,
You are so kind to have written such a nice review. We strive to make sure each guest is happy and well taken care of. Whether a guest is staying with us a few days or a longer period of time we want to make each moment memorable. It was so nice to have you as a guest and we look forward to your next visit when you can continue enjoying Nicaragua and not planning every little detail....that is what we are here for!