“Comfortable and relaxed”
Review of Casa Vivaldi

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granada
Casa Vivaldi
Ranked #30 of 72 Granada B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This is a comfortable and relaxed place to stay.

We loved the free wi fi, the delicious breakfasts and that it was in a relatively quiet area. I wasn't too concerned about walking around at night as I was with my husband, but I wouldn't walk around on my own at night.

The hotel is guarded, as others have said. Of course, there is the pool, and it's a great spot to gather.

We stayed here for 4 nights over NYE and had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 April 2012

The only drawback here is the neighborhood. I was advised by Granada residents not to walk alone towards the lake nor to be on this street at night. I wisely followed their advice. It seems to be perfectly safe to walk the three blocks or so to the Calzada, but "strolling casually" in this area is ill-advised, especially if alone. The hotel itself is guarded 24 / 7, so there's no fear of something unpleasant happening on the premises. The area is very quiet at night and I slept very well all 5 nights that I was there.
Otherwise, as other reviewers have noted, the rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable, cool, etc. Breakfast is included and features fresh fruits and homemade breads. Eggs and gallo pinto are always available upon request at no extra charge. There are bottled water, soft drinks, beer, rum, mixers, etc. available from the concessions area by the pool. Our room had a nice little "fridge" for keeping fruit, snacks, etc. on hand.
The staff were friendly, attentive and helpful.
I need not mention their famous swimming pool, probably the largest in Granada, nor the tropical garden setting.
I might mention that I met really great fellow travelers during my stay here - people from Korea, Japan, Canada and Scandinavia. The pool area was quite the gathering place in the evening.
I can certainly recommend this hotel with some advisement as to its location and will certainly consider staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Just stayed here for one night. The rooms are big and quiet with a good AC. Had a good nights sleep. The pool is very big and you can easily practice a bit of swimming if you like. The breakfast was included and was good with gajjo pinto, eggs, toast and fruits. The downside is that it is a bit expensive to stay there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We enquired at most of the hotels down this road and chose to stay at the Casa Vivaldi. We were most impressed by the huge pool and surrounding area. The rooms are clean and well equipped. The breakfasts are substantial including fruit and home made bread. There is always internet access available. The hotel is a bit out of the way but we were fine walking around even in the evenings. There is always a guard at the gate who was always polite and courteous. The people running the place were extremely friendly and helpful. If I went back to Granada I would definitely chose to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My frIend who lives here in Granada when she heard I wanted a pool brought me to this hotel.It has 12 rooms and offers in the price a complete breakfast,internet and wifi,100 plus cable stations,excellent location to everything,24 hr services,,a marvelous swimming pool and tranquility.If what you want is action 24/7,this is not for you.But If you love delcious home made bread,coffee,fresh squeezed juice,privacy and consideration this economical choice($40 single) is excellent value.I loved swimming late at night under the stars....

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan O
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I enjoyed so much i been booking here for about three time during a year. I love the place very peaceful, secure and always make you go back.

Room Tip: corner room next to the pool
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Casa Vivaldi is situated a little bit out of the way in a less touristy part of town, but it feels very safe. Three of us arrived around 10:30pm and there was a man waiting by a locked gate. He let us in and showed us to our three person room. I was skeptical at first, but the place turned out to be great!! Security at the gate, by the way, is always there after dark, so the place is very secure. The Casa Vivaldi had great rooms with air conditioning, hot water, clean sheets and comfortable beds. The rooms were also decorated with fantastic Nicaraguan art and furniture!

The place itself is adorned with a variety of tropical plants and has a clean and refreshing swimming pool. (I am told it is the largest in Granada). A nice stone patio surrounds the pool with benches and lounges, and Spanish architecture makes up most of the buildings. It's beautiful.

Also beautiful and very hospitable are the ladies that make up the staff of Casa Vivaldi. Each day they cooked a delicious breakfast that included eggs, toast, beans and rice, and the freshest fruit, juice and coffee we had all trip. It was amazing!

Massiel is the woman that worked the desk for most of our time there and she was absolutely great! She was so accommodating and friendly that we did not want to leave. We spoke mostly in broken Spanish to her and she took it in stride with a smile. If Casa Vivaldi wasn't so great, I'd say that she belongs in a 4 star hotel. If you go to Casa Vivaldi, I hope you're lucky enough to have Massiel help you out. She's awesome.

Casa Vivaldi was quiet and there were few guests there. Don't go there expecting to party it up. Go there and relax. The environment lends itself to peace and calm and I will definately stay there again when I go back to Granada.

Room Tip: Ask to speak with Massiel.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends