“Great hostel”

Hostel Oasis
New York City, New York
“Great hostel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed here with my friend for 2 nights and loved it! Our private room was clean, and it was really convenient to have public computers, free wifi, free breakfast, and free water. We didn't get a chance to swim in the pool, but I would love to go back sometime! It could be quite hot at night, but hard to avoid without paying extra for AC. The hostel was also very close to the market and to several landmark sites. They recommended taking a taxi at night to the bars, though it's definitely walkable if you feel comfortable. The book exchange was fairly good, as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Heredia, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Every time my wife and I travel to Granada we stay at this hostel, and I stayed here many times alone before I met her. The staff is very helpful, work really hard, and do a great job considering the amount of tourists that stay at the hostel. Well, after all, it's called oasis for a reason. There's free coffee, tea, and breakfast, which is great :o)

I did get bitten by a bedbug this time around, but I guess it was just by chance, as the rooms are very clean. One thing they can work on is the fan speed in the common areas, as Granada does get very hot, and well, not everybody is used to the city's heat.

There's also an open kitchen and the wifi is excellent, although it does not reach the rooms in the back. That's not a problem at all though, because the wifi can be used anywhere else in the hostel.

Overall, the value for what you get is great, and it's also very safe, which is very important. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anybody traveling to Granada

Room Tip: We always go for the rooms away from the common areas, as they're very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Our room was a reasonable $28 for a night. When we booked it said A/C was additional. We didn't think it was necessary but our room had poor ventilation and was like an oven at the end of the day. $15 for A/C puts it in the realm of a hotel for $43. You were only allowed to run the A/C from 7pm to 8am and it was more than the cost of the room for 1 person.

Everyone was on WIFI making many users unable to connect.

Put down your phone and socialize!

The 4 common area PC's that were connected by Ethernet worked well, the others did not. Every time I walked by everyone was on Facebook.

Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I came to meet a friend and didn't plan to stay here- but it was one of my favourite hostels. All you can eat breakfast pancakes, free tea and coffee all day and 10mins of international phone calls a day. The only reason it doesn't get five stars is that the beds not directly under a fan were incredibly hot. Other than that, there's free water, nice kitchen area, a pool (very needed!) and nice open hammock area.

Stayed May 2014
Attard, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hostel in a typical colonial style with a rly cool courtyard with hammocks and good WiFi throught. The pool at the back is a bit small but I never used it.

Very close to the main square and the pub road. I wouldn't mind staying there again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I frikken loved this place! The first thing that sold me was 'free all-you-can-eat breakfast' and it ain't no joke - perfectly cooked pancakes, all manner of fresh fruit, and delicious coffee...all free. No budget traveller should take this offer lightly, it's unbelievable.

Then there's the ladies who run the place, what incredible people! We laughed, we smiled, we waved in passing, we had conversations about God, spirituality, the importance of family, the glory of travel, and terrible guests, all while they swept and mopped and made beds around us - each one of them amazing humans and an absolute pleasure to meet!

Then there's the free international phone calls (10 minutes, every day), the fast internet, the clean kitchen, the free lock-up for extra luggage, the clean dorms, the impeccable service, the hammocks, the pool, the super-chilled atmosphere, the location...the list goes on an on...I couldn't fault them for anything and wouldn't think twice.

I stepped into a few other hostals in Granada and none of them had anything resembling the combo of friendliness, cleanliness or atmosphere of Oasis.

Room Tip: Very quiet rooms in the back, quiet rooms in the front... In the big dorms, pick the beds either...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in a dorm. Rooms were clean, big lockers for everyone so also tidy. Hammocks all around and a pool so a really social vibe and easy to meet people. Great breakfast - all you can eat pancakes, bananas, watermelon, tea and coffee. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014