“Picture perfect”

and up
4-Hour Tour of Granada by Bike
Ranked #8 of 76 things to do in Granada
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Walk down La Calzada at night and see how beautiful it looks all lighted up. I never got tired of the scene.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I went to the 6am mass here with my home stay mom and I loved it! As others have mentioned, the age of this church definitely shows, but considering the poverty in the area, I think the locals have done the best they can with maintaining it.

I attend mass every Sunday and enjoy visiting churches in other cities as well. The dress here is casual, but the mass is formal. Although I speak Spanish, I appreciated the option to buy a paper missal for 2 Cordoba to follow along. The priest delivered a lovely homily and the parishioners were very friendly.

The best and most unexpected part for me was an older lady with limited mobility arrived shortly before the mass began with her yellow lab and dalmatian in tow. They quietly followed her into the pew and made themselves comfortable on the floor at her side. None of the parishioners seemed to mind and the dogs were very well behaved. Although this is not the norm (unless it is the Feast day of Saint Francis of Assisi) I thought it was nice.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Guadalupe Church is a colonial era church located along the cobbled stone street of Calle la Calzada just a few blocks from Central Park in the city of Granada Nicaragua. The church was built around the 1600's and is still standing! It was nice to see the authenticity of this church. There was a time when it was a major part of the culture & community. I loved having the opportunity to visit. There were a lot of locals out & about selling hand crafted items/souvenirs.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is one of the first places we visited in Granada based on recommendation from several locals. The view gave a great overall impression of the city (and nearby volcanoes) and the photos we took were great. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Could probably use some restoring, but at the same time the look adds to its ambiance.
Do climb the winding stairway to the top of tower for magnificent views of the city and horizon.