“Best tour company”

Tierra Day Tours: Granada
Ranked #7 of 45 Tours in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Nicaraguan Tour Operator based in the heart of the colonial cities of Granada and Leon.We offer you a wide range of tours and services. Our staff are bilingual Nicaraguans who work with an eye for detail, giving you the attention and service you deserve. Tierra Tour is recognized internationally for its professionalism.We have a high knowledge of the country, flora/ fauna, culture and history.We attend to each customer personally,adapt and modify to any specific needs. We invite you to visit Nicaragua, land of lakes and volcanoes. Nicaragua is without a doubt an unforgettable experience.
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I always use Tierra Tours when I am in Nicaragua. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful, and the drivers are very competent. In April of 2013 Tierra Tours took me to the Research Station at the Laguna de Apoyo for an overnight stay and scuba diving. The next day the driver arrived on time as always to bring me back to Granada. The diving was great, I plan to dive the Laguna again.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"central america"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We booked our Cerro Negro Ash Boarding tour through Tierra Tours. Jose was our guide. What an exciting, patient and supportive guy. Not only did he help my butt get up the Volcano, he carried my gear when I got sick. He pushed me when I wanted to give up and never let me fail. His patience and resilience made for one amazing adventure. I loved hearing about the local farming communities, the local gender roles and cerro negro history. a bucket list experience for sure!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Excellent tour. I am a senior and our guide was very helpful in selecting a save route up and down the volcano and taking rest breaks when required. We were not rushed at all.

2  Thank Ralph C
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I used Tierra Tours for all of my tours while I was in Nicaragua. All of the tours were exactly as described in their website. All of the tour guides were fluent in English and we left exactly at the time that we were supposed to leave for each tour. Furthermore, all of the guides were very professional and were very knowledgeable about Nicaragua's fauna/flora and its history. I also booked a shuttle from Leon to Managua airport with them and it picked me up on time and it was a very comfortable bus. I am very pleased with all of the services that I received from Tierra Tours. I booked the mombacho/canopy tour, cooking workshop and volcano boarding with them. I highly recommend all of those tours, specially the cooking workshop out of Leon, it was my favorite part of my whole trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Tour leader Carlos and driver Bernardo were very kind, in time and provided a professional experience. Carlos explained a lot of flora and fauna on our tour in perfect English - everything very interesting! Following canopy tour was also a great experience. Nice staff there. We would just liked to have a bit less rush here. We were quite in a hurry from one line to the next. Also cool that they had someone solely responsible for taking pictures from the two of us. Tour is worth its money but of course, we would recommend to form at least a group of 4 to save 10 USD per person.

1  Thank Tina H