“Fresh, healthy, tasty food!”

Restaurante El Garaje
Ranked #1 of 172 Restaurants in Granada
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Canadian owners welcome you to their kitchen, literally! This restaurant is in their house! It's not on the main street but well worth your time to ask for directions, it's not too hard to find. The food and service is the best in Granada. I had the chicken tandoori sandwich and my friend had the pulled pork. Both were excellent! Great use of spices! which is unusual here, most food is rather bland. I look forward to trying more foods on their menu. Note the times this restaurant is open....or you may arrive to find it closed. Well worth planning a visit for lunch or early dinner.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our hotel host recommended this restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed that excellent meat dishes here. El Garaje is not on restaurant row, but well worth the walk (and arranging to eat while they are open).

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Everytime I am in Granada visiting my friend who lives there I try to eat en el Garaje as the food is excellent . This visit was no exception with a great soup and a salad. Paul the owner is a great host. To cap it all it is always good value. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Sorry to all you vegetarians out there, but I have to rave about this pastrami sandwich. My husband and I stumbled into this place on our last night in Granada, and we were so glad we did! One of the specials, a pastrami sandwich with dijon mustard, was calling to me. We sat down for an early dinner and soon figured out we were in their house and they were making us dinner in their own kitchen! The Canadian owners were so friendly and welcoming. We ordered a cold cucumber and avocado soup, which was rich, creamy, and refreshing. The star of the meal by far was the pastrami sandwich, accompanied by an unusual and tasty salad with a mango dressing. My husband and I didn't realize how much we had missed pastrami until we tasted this sandwich. It was so good, we ordered another for the next day's lunch! I would HIGHLY recommend a visit to El Garaje!

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Fresh, healthy and delicious. We couldn't get enough of this place and came back everyday when we were in Granada. The food and service was just so good every time. The tandoori chicken sandwich, the pulled pork sandwich and the chipotle beef tortilla were stand outs. I also enjoyed the first salad for months here which was on the specials board (changed weekly). Can't rate this place enough, if it was open past 6.30 we would have come for dinner every night too. Definitely make sure you come here.

1  Thank Fritha H