“Great rooms”
Review of Hostel Libertad

Hostel Libertad
Reviewed 4 February 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here 10 days and found it difficult to leave! We had a private room and were very lucky to get a huge room with 2 double beds and a small bathroom (we think it's the only room with a bathroom). It was $15 a night and although some nights were VERY noisy (there was no curfew or security to tell people to go to bed), this was our only real complaint. The place was relatively clean, friendly, and we met some cool people here.
Would definately recommend it

• Stayed: January 2011

Reviewed 6 December 2010

I have been so this nice, familiar hostel and I love the atmosphere over there. Its nice to hang out in the hammock in the colourful garden, to talk with the guys there and have a good cuba libre at the bar in the middle of the hostel. The guys are helpful, you could leave your staff there while you are traveling for a few days. Next month I will be back in Granda and I will stay in La Libertad. We will see us :)

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I stayed in this Hostel on several occasions while i was travelling in Nicaragua and i absolutely loved this place. The atmosphere is really nice, always music playing and conversations going on, really colourful and relaxing. The staff are the best you'll find, always helpful and it really is like a family and you're made to feel like a part of it.. Whenever i came through Granada again i'd stay here, planning for one night but ending up staying a week. Viva La Libertad! I hope i'll see all the guys there again some day.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I stayed here twice during my 3 weeks in Nicaragua and found it be one my favourite hostels in Central America. The owner is incredibly friendly, hospitable and has a good sense of humour. I felt very at home there and enjoyed relaxing in a hamock during the day, and drinking a glass of Flor De Cana at the bar by night....all with a great selection of music to add that all important travelers soundtrack. I'm going back to Granada at Christmas and will certainly be staying there again for a few nights. Thanks to the staff of La Libertad and see you soon!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2010

I passed through Granada a few times over an extended trip through Central America and every time I stayed at this hostel. The staff are sweet and competent, their English is excellent for those who don't speak Spanish, the atmosphere is fun and relaxed. It's affordable and so close to the Parque. I still keep in touch with a few of the staff there, in fact. I loved La libertad!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2010

Very friendly attention, beds in dorm clean and simple. Expected not that much and was well surprised. Nice hammocks, clean showers and good music.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2010

we made a reservation in advance and arrived late at night in the pouring rain or we would have left.. Ug, the place was filthy. our little room looked like a old horse stall with a wood door falling off the hinges and no lock on the door. the kitchen was disgusting and had absolutely not utensils or pots and pans. the walls in our room had lots of little holes with insects crawling in and out of the holes.the internet didnt work while we were there.for five dollars more you can stay in a very nice place...NOTE: ALL THE PICTURES ON FLYERS SHOW A DIFFERENT BUILDING, A NICER BUILDING. THEY HAVE MOVED. WHAT A DUMP.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple