“Got to be crazy not to stay here”

La Islita Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 66 Granada B&B and Inns
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
“Got to be crazy not to stay here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

This is the place to go. Tim and Andres are fantastic. This hotel has the "IT" factor which seperates it from the rest, thats why its called La Isl"IT"a. Make no mistake, you can't go wrong here. I liked going from the 95 degree heat into my nice A/C 65 degree room. Wake up in the AM to a nice hot shower, watch some satellite TV from the good ole USA on the flat screen in the room, then go downstairs for breakfast..... life is good. Need to call home and check in with the wife? Just ask Tim for the phone and call home....for an hour...for free. I felt as if I was at home..... except home is in North Carolina and it was about 20 degrees.

Fun place to visit and I will be back....this time with the wife and kids.!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

We took a last minute trip to Grenada and found La Islita on Trip Advisor. We were concerned about the lack of a pool, but the reviews were great so we tried it. We were not sorry! The hotel is really like a private retreat. Amazing staff, cozy, and low key. It was so relaxing to be here and nice to return to after the hot, dusty days of exploring. We walked to another hotel's pool in about 5 minutes, so if you want to swim, you can stay here and swim elsewhere. It felt more like being at your best friend's island house, than a hotel. Relaxing and comfortable, but not stuffy as hotels can be sometimes. The breakfasts were delicious and the honor bar added to the wonderful low key island vibe. Don't pass this place up!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

Las Islitas was a great little hotel and very quiet after the frantic Semana Santa Easter week. Granada is still very authentic and affordable. This was higher end, but we loved our room and giant shower. We got guidance from one of the owners, Andreas, and from the reception attendant, Marlon. We had a lovely full breakfast with (thank you!) strong coffee after I'm not sure what in Liberia, Costa Rica. Loved CR, too, but get your beef (even if one serving per week) in Nicaragua. They pointed us to a upper scale restaurant that provided a fabulous dinner meal: appetizers, drinks, and two full meals for under $50. Thanks, guys, for a very nice stay!

Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

I am so glad we decided to stay at this hotel in Granada! La Islita is a little piece of paradise in Granada. It has a very spa like feeling to it, with it's beautiful decor throughout and friendly owners and staff. It is also close to everything you might want to do in Granada. We only spent two nights at La Islita, but I wish we would have stayed longer! It was easily one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at and also one of the best values. If I am able to go back to Granada, I would definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at La Islita. Wonderful service, homemade breakfasts, clean and comfortable rooms with great style. I cant wait for my next visit!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2010

We loved the location of this hotel. The ability to walk to dinner each night and enjoy the local town. Drive each day to a new location and explore what Nicaragua has to offer. The staff of the hotel was great, my kids couldn't wait to wake up each morning to go on the rooftop terrace and then go down the spiral staircase to see what we wonderful breakfast we would receive. The AC and shower and TV were all such amenities to enjoy at the end of long adventurous days.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

I have stayed at virtually every hotel in Granada during my 7 years of living in Nicaragua. My search is over and I will stay at La Islita from now on. The staff makes me feel at home, the rooms are the best value in town and the wireless internet works.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business