“They have bed bugs.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Granada
Hospedaje Cocibolca
Ranked #39 of 45 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

Simply put............ Bed bugs. Staff was nice but I don't like being food for bed bugs. Again staff real nice but the bed bugs are mean.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Brownontheinside

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed at Colcibolca several times in 2010 and 2011 in several different rooms and always had an overall good experience. The staff is very friendly and the rooms were always clean and the beds acceptable. The kitchen could be cleaner and I never found anything good that I put in the fridge remaining in the morning (at least not in its entirety), but I blame that on my fellow guests and not the hotel staff.

While I never had problems with other things going missing, there were a couple times that shady locals posing as pals managed to talk their way past the front desk and to my door (I know they didn't just sneak in because they knew my room number), making for uncomfortable situations as they popped by to ask for money, milk or whatever, though nothing more came of it and after complaints they stopped letting people through. I expect my frequent stays contributed to the idea that these could be my friends, but I would have appreciated tougher standards at the front desk, whose staff should certainly know better.

Rooms upstairs facing the lake get a nice (and usually necessary) breeze blowing in from the lake, but if you need the wifi it will be weak in these rooms (if you can get a signal at all). The hotel's location is great, right on Calzada with several restaurants and bars on the two-block stretch headed back to the park (it's busy, making it less daunting for a late night out) and there a popular ice cream place and a great bookstore right across the street. Altogether not bad at $15 a night. They also have rooms with a/c for a good rate.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs facing the lake might not pick up the wifi signal, but you'll get a great lake br...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This place was totally fine for the price - we paid about $15US per night for a small private room. It's right on the strip with the bars and restaurants and just about a quarter mile from the lake shore, so it's a great place to be. The place is fairly unremarkable but for our needs it fit very well - cheap and simple in a good location.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JandB1018
Reviewed 13 January 2012

One of the best location in the city. Just on the center of the bars & restaurant area. I dont know why its got not good reviews on Tripadvisor - we had a very good experiance. The kitchen can be better - don't count it as a pro‛.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I had read about the bed bugs on here and still stayed. The first time i had no bed bugs. The second time the bugs paid me a visit. What can I say, hotel staff treated me very well the first time/ I left my phone in the room when I left for the bus terminal, and they sent soneone with my phone after me so I eould get it. I checked out and told them about the problem, whether they take care of the problem I do not know. But the room with bugs I was in is No 16. I am leaving an average rating just cause they treated me well the first time. But now I know tripadvisor recommedations do carry their weight!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Walked in after a Long travel day (intrepid tour) and walked out again. Room was filthy, dark, light switches sparked and the shower was unspeakably horrid. Aircon was Offered for an extra 20 USD but the room did not have it available. Later told by group member who stayed there was no hot water and was
Very noisey.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Stayed here as it was recommeneded by the Lonely Planet. On the first night my partner woke up at 4am itching, when we turned on the light he had about 15 bites that had come up in welts. Saw a bug on wal and bed, killed them it was bed bugs! Told a member of staff who didn't seem too fussed and moved rooms. Checked the walls of the room in daylight and found bed bugs living in the cracks. Told them again and even showed them, the guy just nodded, again not really bothered. Finally found a room that was ok but should have just left. The worst part was they continued to put people in the rooms with the bed bugs. The hostel has the potential to be good as it has a good area downstairs with a kitchen (although there are a load of mice living in there) and rooms are a good price with a private bathroom but they need to give it a good deep clean and fumigation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple