“I feel very lucky to have stayed at Miss Margrits”

Miss Margrit's Guest House
Ranked #3 of 67 Granada B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Having spent many years traveling the world I sometimes feel that it is harder for me to be really impressed by what I experience. I find myself comparing to what i´ve experienced in the past and the present falling short due to the power of nostalgia. Sad I know but I feel I found something special at Miss Margrits. The wow factor when I walk through the unassuming wooden front doors to the comfort I instantly felt in Chris´s company, I will always remember. The rooms are very clean, very smart and light. There is nothing that doesn´t need to be there and everything that should. Breakfast was as much amazing food cooked by Veronica as I could eat and I was given a key to come and go as I pleased.
I can´t remember the last time I stayed in a place that offered such a perfect balance between professionalism, class, comfort and friendliness. I don´t want to blow your trumpet Chris but it was a pleasure spending time with you. Keep doing what your doing. Till next time.

Room Tip: One of the rooms is slightly smaller then the other two.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank James B
There are newer reviews for Miss Margrit's Guest House

Reviewed 7 February 2013

We were very impressed with Miss Margrit's! It is spacious, comfortable, and cozy. You feel welcome the minute you walk in. Chris was great and took wonderful care of us. There are some miscellaneous kitties around that are adorable and add to the cozy feel of the place. We will be back to stay again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I have been to Granada many times but only just found this wonderful B&B. The place is stunning and full of colonial character, something lost in many of the hotels. Of the many establishments I have stayed in, this is easily the best. Freshly cooked breakfast, made to order is included in the very reasonable price. All the comforts you could want and a laid back, fun atmosphere to boot. My girlfriend and I had the best time with Chris, the host. As hosts go, he can't be faulted. Thank you for all your help Chris! We will never forget our stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ben c
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Definitely not overrated this 4th place for central american hotels at tripadvisor and 1st in Granda! The place is bigger and even more beautiful than on the pictures. Chris and the people working or staying at Miss Margrits are so welcoming and nice and you feel immediately relaxed. The pool is cold and refreshing, the breakfast yummy and the rooms stunning with chandeliers and Nicaraguan handcraft. If you are in Granada, you have to stay there!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stayed here with my cousin shortly before Christmas. An absolutely charming spot. Pip was a wonderful host! Great atmosphere, beautiful rooms and lovely breakfast from Veronica. A great spot to escape from the backpacker-dom for a few days. We were really made to feel at home. You enter first into the large living space and the place just grows from there to an open courtyard with water feature to the open-plan kitchen with dining area and pool. A fave.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Staying at Miss Margrits was the best possible start of our holiday. We stayed five days and enjoyed the wonderfull breakfasts, the nice house and the welcoming athmosphere. Chris was not there but Pip Wildman made us feel at home, she was the best host ever. And Veronica was sweet and made delicious scrambled eggs.
Are there no disadvantages? Yes the airconditioning made a lot of noise, but they gave us a blower and that solved the problem. Miss Margrit's is a short walk from the center of Granada but we had a good time walking to town and watching the Christmas trees an all the families sitting in front of their houes celebrating Christmas.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful 3 nights stay at Miss Margritts. Good breakfast, friendly owners and clean, spacious rooms. Definitely recommendable! The tour to Masaya volcano with their tour guide David was awesome! Thanks for the good times, Jacqui and Nils

• Stayed: December 2012