“A must-stay in Granada”

Ranked #3 of 64 Granada B&B and Inns
Oakland, California
“A must-stay in Granada”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

It was a joy to stay at Miss Margrit's Guest House. Even though my husband and I arrived late to the guest house, Chris and his friends warmly greeted us and immediately made us feel at home. Chris made arrangements for one of his drivers, Andy, to pick us up from the airport in Managua. We liked Andy so much that we also requested for him to take us on a trip to Mombacho and San Juan de Oriente. Andy a great companion and very knowledgeable about his hometown and surrounding area. The morning breakfasts were so delicious and filling--make sure to wake up early because you'll want to lounge around, soaking up the relaxing environment, sipping on coffee and tropical fruit juices. Because I was achy from traveling all day, I decided to a yoga class early in the morning with one of Chris's friends--if you're up for an 8 am yoga class, I definitely recommend this, as it's a great way to start the day in Granada. Chris and all of his friends were so welcoming and accommodating. Staying at Miss Margrit's was such a good introduction into Nicaragua--our only regret is that we stayed only two nights. Next time, we'll be sure to stay there longer!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Helen L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
New York City
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We had a fantastic stay at Miss Margrit's during our visit to Granada. The house was spacious and charming. The hosts: Chris, Pip, Lucy and Rosy made our stay memorable. They were so welcoming and generous with ideas and advice. Chris recommended fantastic meals and the ladies recommended sightseeing ideas. Veronica made delicious breakfasts each morning. We felt like we were among friends. This was truly one of the best places we've been to and certainly the best value.

Chris made arrangements for us to be picked up at the airport and also arranged for our transport to Rivas for the next leg of our trip. We also spent one day with David, who was our guide. He was absolutely the best guide! His English is very good and his knowledge/passion for his native country made us even more thrilled to be there.

We are already planning a return trip and will certainly be staying at Miss Margrit's again!

2 Thank psykat99
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 7 February 2013

One can't tell what lies behind the large wooden door of the bright pinkish-red house. When the door opened and we entered the beautiful home of Miss Margrit's, I knew we were in for a special stay! The garden and courtyard is breathtaking and the rooms are big and comfortable. We loved everything about our stay, and our host, Chris made it extra special. He went out of his way to accomodate us(he even let our son who was visiting us do his laundry). He is a very special person who had made his home a castle for all those who visit. By the way, if anyone figures out how to mail his lovely hammock home, please let me know. I wanted to buy one in Caterina, but it was way too big to fit in the plane.

Room Tip: Our room was the last one on the end with the private balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Having spent many years traveling the world I sometimes feel that it is harder for me to be really impressed by what I experience. I find myself comparing to what i´ve experienced in the past and the present falling short due to the power of nostalgia. Sad I know but I feel I found something special at Miss Margrits. The wow factor when I walk through the unassuming wooden front doors to the comfort I instantly felt in Chris´s company, I will always remember. The rooms are very clean, very smart and light. There is nothing that doesn´t need to be there and everything that should. Breakfast was as much amazing food cooked by Veronica as I could eat and I was given a key to come and go as I pleased.
I can´t remember the last time I stayed in a place that offered such a perfect balance between professionalism, class, comfort and friendliness. I don´t want to blow your trumpet Chris but it was a pleasure spending time with you. Keep doing what your doing. Till next time.

Room Tip: One of the rooms is slightly smaller then the other two.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank James B
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We were very impressed with Miss Margrit's! It is spacious, comfortable, and cozy. You feel welcome the minute you walk in. Chris was great and took wonderful care of us. There are some miscellaneous kitties around that are adorable and add to the cozy feel of the place. We will be back to stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I have been to Granada many times but only just found this wonderful B&B. The place is stunning and full of colonial character, something lost in many of the hotels. Of the many establishments I have stayed in, this is easily the best. Freshly cooked breakfast, made to order is included in the very reasonable price. All the comforts you could want and a laid back, fun atmosphere to boot. My girlfriend and I had the best time with Chris, the host. As hosts go, he can't be faulted. Thank you for all your help Chris! We will never forget our stay!

1 Thank ben c
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Definitely not overrated this 4th place for central american hotels at tripadvisor and 1st in Granda! The place is bigger and even more beautiful than on the pictures. Chris and the people working or staying at Miss Margrits are so welcoming and nice and you feel immediately relaxed. The pool is cold and refreshing, the breakfast yummy and the rooms stunning with chandeliers and Nicaraguan handcraft. If you are in Granada, you have to stay there!