“Stay Here While In Granada!!!”

Miss Margrit's Guest House
Ranked #1 of 67 Granada B&B and Inns
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Stay Here While In Granada!!!”
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Miss Magrit's is conveniently located to walking distance to all of Granada. The Cathedral and central plaza are an easy walk down tiled sidewalks past colorful Colonial homes with elaborate iron gates.
The two guest rooms at the inn are comfortable with crisp linens, air conditioning, cross ventilation from multiple windows, a stone shower with abundant hot water, stunning hardwood floors and flush toilets that accomodate toilet paper.
Owen, one of the London raised innkeepers, cooks a wonderful breakfast without a set time so early risers can walk the town then return for bacon, eggs, grilled tomatoes and the never ending fresh squeezed local fruit juices. The chilled coconuts are also a treat with the rich, sweet juice.
I was grateful for internet access and a computer to report home. My family could learn of my daily adventures with the friendly, hard working locals.
Granada is humid being situated on the tenth largest lake in the world however, when inside Miss Magrit's the balmy breeezes, refreshing pool and interior gardens made for a tropical paradise.
Becky, the other innkeeper is laidback yet focused on giving her guests the best experience possible. She generously gave me access to the inn's library, recommended a guide and coordinated my taxi back to Managua's airport.
I have already checked into airfare to return to Granada and the perfect bed and breakfast it has to offer.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Just got back last night, so I'll make it brief: I cannot imagine better hosts or a better experience than this wonderful home. I say home, because I never felt like I was in a hotel. When you go to Granada, you cannot do better than this house "uptown"-- cool breezes, peaceful pool, and Owen rockin' the customized breakfasts.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 November 2010

My husband and myself have recently returned from a 5 night stay at Miss Margrits Guest House and we loved it. What's not to love.

Great location, great hosts, in a great town.

Miss Margrits is a small guest house with only 2 rooms (with private facilities), so I would suggest you book early, so as not to be disappointed.

The guest house has been renovated and restored and the owner has done an amazing job with the restoration and attention to details.

Owen and Becky are a huge asset to this property as the hosts, and they make your stay even more enjoyable at the house. Whenever my husband and myself would drop down to the kitchen for a random chat during the day or night, they were always available to sit around and talk. And not to forget Owen's cooking skills in the kitchen in the mornings. They were pretty awesome.

There is W-Fi in the house if needed and there is a pool for those hot days.

The guest house is about a 10-15 minute walk into town and we did this a couple of times a day to go the markets or for dining. There is lots to do in Granada and I would suggest that everyone puts this town on their travel itinerary.

Granada is about 45 minutes from Managua and I would advise you get out of Managua as soon as possible.

Would I recommend Miss Margrits? Absolutely.

Thank you Owen and Becky for an enjoyable and interesting stay.

Regards
Cherie
Sydney, Australia

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 November 2010

My husband and I went to Nicaragua for our Honeymoon this past summer, and had the good fortune to stay at Miss Margrits's B & B. We learned about the B & B through TripAdvisor, and to be honest, were initially a bit skeptical because the reviews seemed too good to be true. In no time at all, however, we understood why the reviews were so glowing. The owners made us feel right at home, and always took the time to answer all of our many questions about how to navigate the city. The colonial villa/home is beautifully restored, and truly made me feel like I was stepping back in time. The amenities can't be beat: the rooms are elegant, romantic, comfortable, and spotless; the pool is refreshing and surrounded by beautiful plants; and the breakfast is always delectable. Our peaceful and relaxing stay at Miss Margrit's ended up being the highlight of our trip.

Miss Margrit's is truly a gem -- one of the best B&B's I've stayed at in all my travels!
My only regret is not writing this review sooner.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 September 2010

My wife, Carrie, and I spent five weeks traveling throughout Nicaragua and this was without a doubt the nicest place we stayed by far - perhaps one of the nicest B&B's we have ever stayed throughout all our travels within and beyond North, Central and South America.
The charming B&B had only two rooms (I would recommend booking in advance) and as a result was quite private, cozy and romantic. Set in a stunning colonial home in one of Granada's oldest neighborhoods, the rooms and grounds were everything you'd expect for a 5-star colonial stay - dark mahogany staircases, banisters, and bed frames; a gorgeous swimming pool set around a garden teeming with lime and coconut trees; second story rooms with chandeliers and rooftop views of tiled homes and church steeples.
The B&B was situated right next door to a local shop\bar\restaurant that we visited almost every night and was most certainly one of the cultural highlights of our trip. Additionally we were a stone's throw away from all of Granada's tourist attractions and major restaurants and shopping venues.
If this weren't enough, Becky and Owen were the kindest, most interesting and outgoing hosts we met on our entire 5 weeks in Nicaragua. Owen made unbelievable breakfasts each morning, with omelets, fresh local fruits and artisan breads, and both were markedly knowledgeable sources when planning our days within and outside of Granada. They were always quick to offer us a beer, or fresh squeezed fruit juice by the pool, and their intellectual and cultural enthusiasm about living and running a B&B in Nicaragua was truly inspirational and a valuable insight for our travels throughout the country.
At the end of our five-week trip around the country, my wife and I went so far as to readjust our plans just to return to Granada and stay with Owen and Becky at Miss Margrits. I would return to Nicaragua again just to stay here. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 September 2010

This was by far the best cared for and most elegant housing option during my entire Nicaraguan trip. The home is stunning and the rooms are super clean with really quick cooling ac units--very important. The pool was beautiful and also nice and cool! The owners made us feel welcome and are a wealth of knowledge for any traveler-helping us out with a 4am taxi meant we had an extra day in Granada The breakfasts (and juices!) were fantastic. This place is an exceptional value!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Miss Margrit's is a stunning reconverted colonial house, just a few blocks from the main square. Becky and Owen have been running it for the last two years, efficiently and with a very friendly manner. There are just two rooms available, so book ahead. The rooms are large, air conditioned and very confortable. They provided us with indoor parking so we didn't have to worry about our rental car. Owen does the morning shift and makes fantastic breakfasts (i.e. Fruit with yogurt and granola or eggs and bacon, but he takes requests!)
He gets some help with the fantastic juices from Sra Veronica who used to work in a smoothie bar and is now their housekeeper. Every evening on our return beers were offered in generous amounts and one night Becky invited us to join them for a home cooked dinner. Delicious! Try and make it before February when they are due to return to the UK and hand the guesthouse back to Becky's mum. There is a small refreshing pool, great for after a day's sightseeing, and also a self-service washing machine and wi-fi included.