“Mediterranean Definitely Not; some lame wannabe version yes”
Review of Cafe de Conchis - CLOSED

Cafe de Conchis
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Ok so my first wk in Granada and this is the first place I go to w/ friends. Service was much like everywhere I encountered in Granada horrible as in they take forever to even give u a menu or acknowledge that u and 4 other friends who are starving are even there. So the food I ordered was supposed to be a lamb dish which idk if they don't know how to cook it or they don't know what it is but that was definitely not souvlaki; the salad that my friend had was supposed to be endive with almonds and a raspberry vinagrette which in the end looked like iceberg lettuce thrown on a plate and forget about getting the dressing u order...Crazy place which was super shady looking and dark, not really inviting at all.

Reviewed 28 December 2010

I'm not sure if the other reviewers are taking about the same place. I went to Cafe de Conchi located on Calle La Libertad, parque central 2.5c oeste. It used to be Cafe Nuit, but under new management/ownership it's still pretty similar to the description in Lonely Planet. We got there early for dinner, then hung around until the band came on. Good food, a seemingly balanced mix of locals and tourists, a fun Nicaraguan band, and a dance floor that gets full after 11:30 pm or so. I honestly didn't think I would like Granada that much, but Cafe de Conchi made my experience!

Reviewed 16 July 2010

We were the only couple in the restaurant, and had a wonderful, early dinner. Our server was the most gentle, quiet-spoken young woman-- present at all the right times, attentive, but never hovering. The food was excellent, the pitcher of sangria even better!

Reviewed 4 June 2010

The wait was forever... the fish was overcooked, inedible and smothered in sauce to try to "dress it up'. Pasta was overcooked and barely edible.
Service was terrible.. the wait was forever and when the food came it was not worth the wait or the cost.

Reviewed 30 January 2010

We had a super refreshing Dona Conchis salad. It was freshly made with watermelon, cantelope, corn kernels, lettuce, shredded cabbage, tomatoes, cheese, white asparagus, and cucumber.

Then the flavorful lentil vegetable soup taste was like a minestrone. It seemed freshly made. To be 5 star it needed more lentils, vegetables & less liquid.

The local grilled fish was fresh & brought just to the point of cooking so it was slightly crunchy on the outside while still moist on the inside.

I saw salmon on the menu & thought salmon is not found anywhere near Nica so probably not a good idea to order it there. If you want salmon go to Vancouver, Seattle, Alaska, etc. When traveling it is usually best to eat local products.

The atmosphere was fine, except lighting was a too dark. I like to see more of my food & my beautiful wife:}

1  Thank jsaul