“Disappointing”

Pure Natural Health & Fitness Center
More attraction details
Owner description: PURE is a first class gym, spa and yoga studio set in a colonial mansion surrounding a lovely Asian-style garden. PURE offers exceptional massage and spa services for remarkably low prices ($26 for a 60 minute massage!). Pure also offers yoga, spinning, boot camp, kickboxing and cardio classes. Stop by to enjoy a moment of serenity, sip a cup of tea, have a healthy snack in our cafe and meet our giant African spurred tortoise, Snoopi.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The premises were unkempt. We had made a reservation for a massage. The room's AC was broken, so the door had to remain open while we had our massage. One of the masseuses appeared to be well trained while the other was not very good. There was construction going on while we received our massage, so with the door open it was not very relaxing. When we were finished their power was out, so they couldn't take our payment via credit card, even though we had asked ahead of time. We barely had enough cash and no way to even tip.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Andee S
HobieJuan, Owner at Pure Natural Health & Fitness Center, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I understand your critiques and apologize for PURE's short-comings during your visit. As you mentioned, we were finishing a construction project when you visited....a project implemented specifically to reduce issues of noise on the premises! We tested the massage room to determine how loud the noise of construction would be prior to the massages that day. The sound was audible, but not overt. But then the power went off in our section of the city. That was why the A/C unit was not working and the door had to be kept open. An unfortunate recipe for too much noise during a massage. Again, I apologize. Safe travels,
Warren

“Best Yoga of my life!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I specifically joined trip advisor to be able to review this special place! Everything from the polite and friendly reception to the relaxed atmosphere helped make this the most memorable yoga I have ever practiced. Unlike a lot of other yoga stops I made in Central America, this felt truly authentic. No cheesy yoga beats or competitions for the best downward dogs- this is where you go to really expand your practice with form being a focus and enough time to fully meditate.

I had Warren for a private class which was amazing and really helpful. Anthony did a really challenging Ashtanga class and I learnt two new arms balances in an hour! More than anything I'll never forget closing my eyes and hearing the trees in the wind and thinking I wish every yoga class could be like this! cannot recommend this place enough! make sure you go!!

Visited July 2014
Berlin, Germany
“Excellent place for massage and many sports.”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I hast here a perfect one jour massage for less than 30 US-Dollars. But it is a nice place and a gym too. You can do Yoga or even pingpong there also. And their staff ist welcoming friendly. Just great.

Visited May 2014
Forest Park, Illinois
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Beautiful atmosphere, professional staff”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Spent 38 days in Granada recently and was a regular and happy client at Pure Spa. I can't say enough about the facility and its staff. The environment is beautiful, relaxing and healthful. The staff professional and friendly. As best I know, it's the only health spa around with a 75-year old turtle wandering around in the garden courtyard.
I started going for twice weekly massages and over five weeks never experienced anything less than excellence with three different masseuses. Knowledgeable and thorough and affordable. I floated out of the place most times.
Their weight room has some rather old fashioned equipment, but very serviceable and effective, with plenty of free weights. Nice selection of treadmill and other cardio equipment.
Had one of their trainers, Miguel work with me for an hour on weights, and his advice was first rate.
Fresh squeezed juices for $2 a glass, Kumbucha, and fresh vegetarian breakfast, lunch and dinner available. Owner Warren has created a must visit health spa that's inexpensive and effective.
I didn't take advantage of the yoga, but will when I return in January.
Frank and Orlando at the front desk even provided what amounted to concierge services, arranging for a good haircut and for a trusted and affordable driver when I left for Esteli.
You have to visit this place when in Granada.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bill D
Mill Valley, California, USA
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Don't hesitate - Go!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We booked 2 massages which were world class. The facility has much more to offer (yoga, fitness, gym) that we didn't have time to take advantage of. I get massage regularly and Maria Isabel was very knowledgeable about the body and a fantastic masseuse. My husband had Ruth and was equally ecstatic. It is a very good value as well (about $24/hour). The price is not correlated with the quality! Make a reservation as this place is popular and will get even more as word gets out.

Visited February 2014