“Not a good stay for me”

Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Granada
Ankara, Turkey
“Not a good stay for me”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Currently i am waiting my continental breakfast at the hotel. if you are not that much sensite for noise like me,hotel might be ok. Whichever room you stay at this hotel, you will hear always air conditioner sound. That makes so annoying sound keep me waiking up .Sleeping at this hotel was impossible.Breakfast is another funny part of the hote. You have 4 options to choice each of them worser than others.at my second day..which is today i choice continental breakfast, 5 gr honey 5 gr ( first they bring very bad jam although it was written honey, after i push them, they find honey) butter 3 toast bread , some fruit... i ask for fried egg.. they said EXTRA..funny for what i paid.yesterday i got double big fruit pack at the street seller of granada for 10cordobas which is roughy 0.40usd...so total breakfast cost might be 1 usd at street seller of granada. but they tried to sell you fried egg. for what i paid... this hotel is not worth it.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hebrew first
manitoba
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband and i were very happy with our room, although not all rooms are as spacious so make inquiries. The property seems to be quite new and had both a quiet bar and a lounge area at the front. Breakfast is located around the garden in the inner courtyard. We were impressed with the 5 choices offered. My husband enjoyed the traditional Nica breakfast whereas I appreciated the fruit and whole grain toast provided with the continental. The pool in the rear was well maintained during our 5 day stay.. It is on the small side but was welcome after a warm day of touring. The bed was comfortable with quiet, new AC and quiet ceiling fan. We had good sleeps here. The location was very convenient as it a short walk to the central square and safe walking distance to all restaurants in the center of the city in the evening. Although the level of English may not be sophisticated, service was always prompt, courteous and friendly during out stay. We are looking forward to returning for a couple of days in March at the conclusion of our stay in the country.

Room Tip: There are 2 stories so if that is a concern, check before booking. We also heard a complaint about...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Umberleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

After three nights in not very good to frankly bad accommodation we were now expecting something better in the World Heritage centre of Granada. First impressions were good but that was the end. Our room (Number 13) was a massive 10 feet by 10 feet (3 metres x 3 metres) box which the air conditioner turned into a freezer in no time flat. One of us had to sit on the “matrimonial” bed while the other sidled around the room. Clearly there was no room for a comfortable chair but there were two hard wooden ones. No coffee making machine, no working telephone, no hot water (Reception guaranteed it would be back in an hour but it was more than 24 hours before we finally got it), no alarm clock, no hair dryer (as indicated on their web site). Energy saving lighting badly placed. TV and wi-fi in the room but for a hotel for foreigners a few English-language TV channels would help: no minibar as advertised but a fridge occupying a lot of space that could well have been used for something else. No evening meal was available on the day of our arrival although we did have a very nice dinner the next day after a couple of Happy Hour drinks. Breakfast is very idiosyncratic – one is presented with a sheet of paper with four options (pancakes, continental, full and one I forget) and thn has to wait a considerble time for it to be presented in an informal manner. Staff do not wear any kind of conventional hotel uniforms/clothing. Best Western please rethink your franchising system and apply more rigorous standards.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 9
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Nicaragua
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a lovely time at the Best Western El Almirante.Nice a quiet,but still very close to the main centre. Beds were fantastic, along with the staff, pool and breakfast. Granada is a very nice town, the only one we have seen, that has a real European feel to it. Thank you very much.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smokeytoukley
Chester
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights that came to less than 100 quid total.

Clean, secure, attractive courtyard garden and restaurant, nice (small) swimming pool that was perfect for late afternoon cool downs. Our double room (#8) was very small, but others we saw looked bigger so maybe ask at check-in. AC worked OK, and beds were reasonably sized and comfortable.

The hotel is very well placed about 2 blocks from the central park (literally 5 minutes minutes walk to main tourist restaurants area) . We felt perfectly safe walking back in the night time.

The breakfasts were a little uninspiring (eggs, pancakes or toast) but adequate.

Overall, for the money we would highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a good mid-range option in this very chilled city.

Room Tip: Book a room with 2beds to make sure you get a decent sized room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Went to this hotel after our Wedding we were first at La Gran Francia. Both are great hotels. This hotel was closer to our familys house and is in a very safe area. At night there is always someone there and the lock the front gate. The staff is very kind and food is great. The pool is big and the rooms are clean. The rooms were a little small for my family of 5, but we made it work. A lot of Americans and missionary groups that stay there. They have a little bar for drinks as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brandi M
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

I made a trip to my birth country for my birthday. I wanted to show my wife (an American ) a little bit of Granada. I asked my uncle who lives in Granada for advise about where to stay. He made the reservation for us. I was impress when I walked inside. We loved the precious wood all over the place. The pool they built it in a tight space in the back. We stayed in room #6, it was very nice, quiet and the ac was super. The room was excellent.
The front desk staff was friendly, helpful and attentive to our requests and needs.they even helped to recommend me a boat to take a trip to the Isletas ( little islands @ the Nicaragua lake).
We used the hotel as a base to visit the next town towards Managua, Masaya.
I loved the idea to be close to masaya and enjoyed karaoke at La Calzada street ( one of the Main Street ) in Granada.
Whenever we go back ,we will definitely stay at this hotel.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple