“Beat the heat in Granada with a pool!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa del Agua

Casa del Agua
Ranked #3 of 66 Granada B&B and Inns
“Beat the heat in Granada with a pool!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

We (fiancé and I) stayed in June for 3 nights and we loved it there. The owner is incredibly friendly and supports the community. We would definitely go back! The pool is great.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

We loved the location. Close enough to everything and Jerry was super friendly and helpful. The room was clean and big enough for me my wife and teenage daughter. We got great nights sleep after our many treks around town and Volcano Mombacho. There is a full kitchen to use and a fridge w/ beer for purchasing. We would definitely go back to Granada and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Man, people weren't telling lies when they reviewed Casa del Agua. I honestly can't think of a bad thing to say about it. (Ok, it was hot as hell, but that's Nicaragua!) My upstairs room was HUGE, with plenty of fans and a balcony that overlooks the pool. It was clean as can be. The location, just a few doors from the main square, can't be beat. The security was great--people (including Gerry) were usually around, and it had a locked gate and front door. I've traveled a lot and I'm certain I've never felt comfortable just leaving my stuff (like passport and money) in my room before! At the same time, you get keys so you could come and go at will. Pool was great. Kitchen, television, and seating area were friendly and comfortable. I got a great night's sleep every night (even with the rain and nearby disco). It was also cool because you could be by yourself, make some friends and hit the town, or chill and drink some beer by the pool. Lots of hostels/hotels push you in just one of these directions.

Honestly, it was the best place I've ever stayed that didn't cost me $200 a night.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MJennings
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in April. We had not intended staying for three nights but we loved it and decided to stay longer. Gerry the owner is really accommodating and will help you out with whatever you need and is full of really helpful recommendations for food, drinks, tours, transport, etc.

The place is really comfortable and the pool is great for a quick dip on those hot sunny days. The rooms are a really good size and super clean. The location in town couldn't be better, really close to everything.

So overall, this is a great place to stay in great town. We loved Granada and Casa del Agua. We would definitely stay here if we are ever back in Granada, thanks Gerry.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin R
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed here in January for a couple of nights. We had one of the pool side rooms, which was huge - a double bed and bunk beds, so meant for a family - with en suite. Great place, very secure, and nice communal atmosphere in kitchen and seating area. Gerry, the owner, is great - really friendly and helpful. The room was extremely good value, and for that reason we forgave the air con not working at the time of our visit. Having a pool to dip in during the heat of the day also a bonus! It really is an oasis from the hustle and bustle of central Granada, which is just a few steps from the front door.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dani M
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

I could only spend one night in Granada and I'm glad I chose this place. The owner will make you feel right at home and explain anything you need to know about the city. The room was clean and comfortable and even if you choose not to have air conditioning there will be more than enough fans provided to keep you cool. I think Casa del Agua provides very good value for the money. The only slight dent for me: I stayed in an upstairs room; there was heavy downpour through the night and the rain was very loud hitting the roof. I had earplugs so it didn't bother me much but just keep that in mind if you're expecting to visit during the rainy season.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Charlestown, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Beautiful colonial house, great location, interesting and informative host. Gerry, the owner, is offering a unique experience at an affordable price. You can borrow a bike, take a dip in the pool, use the computer, or just enjoy the architecture.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple