“Perfect home base in Granada”
Review of Casa del Agua

Casa del Agua
Ranked #1 of 64 Granada B&B and Inns
“Perfect home base in Granada”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Casa Del Agua is perfectly located near the center of town. After a day out in the dusty streets the pool is a great way to cool off in the afternoon. The free filtered water and coffee was a welcome perk. We stayed in the Queen balcony room. It certainly was spacious. There was the option of air conditioning for an extra cost - we did not pay for it but should have. It would have made us more comfortable overnight. We also had to fend off some mosquitoes - the AC probably would have helped us avoid those pests. Gerry is a great host. He's a native English speaker and he offered great advice about restaurants, tour companies, etc.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We spent two nights at this lovely little guesthouse back in March. Our room was very clean, spacious and well furnished, with a fan (AC was extra but we didn't need it as our room didn't get too hot). The location was good, being near the main square, although nowhere was really too far away. Gerry did his best to make sure we had a pleasant stay (when I asked where the nearest pharmacy was so I could buy eye drops, he let me take his to save me getting my own). Oh and guests have use of the kitchen where there's free coffee, tea and cold water - and by cold I mean ice cold - so refreshing after a hot day! All in all, fab little place, and good value for money.

1 Thank oceanblue042
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 9 May 2013

A Top guesthouse to stay, sleep and relax! Wonderful house In the City Center with great rooms and a very helpful and nice owner. Water and fresh coffee available. We very much recommend and would always go back! We went there directly after landing in Managua. This is just a 45minute trip.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2013

1 block from the main square with a swimming pool-close to restaurants and Jerry the owner is great-great kitchen facilities-coffee, tea, water-all there-you'd be mad to not stay at this place. The security is great and the wi fi is good

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sue L
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Casa del Agua on two occasions while staying in Granada. I cannot recommend the place enough, it is beautiful, well-kept, Gerry goes beyond expectations in helping you out, etc. It is a model for what a great accommodation should be at a very fair price. I look forward to my next stay there. Plus, they have an awesome pool, which on a hot Granada day is a godsend, and the location is literally half a block from the main square and Calzada (where the restaurants and bars are). Perfect place. Cheers!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I spent hours of research reading reviews from people who take into consideration things outside of the control of the property and it wastes a lot of time and is unfair. Here is my objective review and I hope it will help you decide.

Casa Del Agua

Pros: Location- very safe neighborhood right next to the cathedral and some bars very close to most attractions and good jumping off point.

Gerry the owner has excellent communication before you get their and has good information once you get there.

A welcome relief when arriving late to managua and there is a driver waiting to take you to Granada to the property.

Cons: Staff not quite present enough when you need something.

The pool could use a good cleaning, it is not terrible or anything but does have particles floating around.

Gerry, the owner seemed a bit down so the energy was a lot lower than other places I stayed. Hire a peppy person to be the face of your business.

Besides that, overall I would recommend this property and here are some things I enjoyed while there.

1. Mombacho Cigar Company is a secret gem. Within walking distance and an adorable little pool you can use if you purchase a drink and if you are into cigars you can watch them roll and pack.

2. Choco Chocolate Museum. They have a breakfast buffet and a chocolate farm tour and a how to make a chocolate bar class non of which interested me. The real beauty of this place is that they produce their own liquers using Flor de Cana rum which you can buy for around 12 bucks and take home. I tasted eight of them and bought three they are seriously unbelievable. The chocolate variety is made with real chocolate and is like drinking pure bliss!

3. Carmellos or Camellos restaurant I dont remember the exact name. It is a restaurant owned by a Canadian and some of the best food in the country. His mother was from Lebanon and I kid you not, the best beef tagine I have ever had! They had a guy playing guitar, they make great drinks and the owner will sit down and chat with you. They also have pasta and curries along with other tasty mediterrenean dishes like shawarma. Go there!

Hope these help.

Tierra Tours is also within walking distance and I loved their guides so much I used them for everything! Highly recommended.

2 Thank malloygodfrey
Quepos, Costa Rica
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Went to Granada for my 90 days out of country and stayed as Casa del Agua on a friends recommendation. Gerry the owner was so helpful with my stay before I even arrived answering all of my questions. He had a driver for us on arrival which delivered us to this very comfortable, well decorated and very economical B & B, I stayed in both a room and the apartment which was well appointed. Gerry can accommodate any guest needs. Everything is within walking distance from Casa Del Agua and a great get away.

Room Tip: I loved the apartment, but the rooms are very nice as well