“Relaxing, a good value, great location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa del Agua

Casa del Agua
Ranked #3 of 66 Granada B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Relaxing, a good value, great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

My family and I recently stayed at Casa del Agua in Granada, Nicaragua. We were very happy with the location- 1 block from the plaza central, and appreciated all the extras that came with our rooms. There is a nice pool right in the middle of the house, and there is hot and cold purified drinking water available for free. The owner, Gerald, was most helpful, and even set us up with a great driver, Hector, who was professional and kind. The rooms have a. c. for $10 extra per night, which was very nice. There is a fully stocked kitchen which guests are allowed to use, and each room has a great TV. Gerald had maps for us, and lots of tips on what to do in Granada. He recommended we eat at El Camello, which was very good. If we return to Granada, we would definitely stay at Casa del Agua. There are many fun things to do in town and around the town. We especially enjoyed renting bikes and riding down to the lake where we took a tour of the lake and the islands. VERY fun!

Room Tip: If you want two adjoining rooms, we loved ours! The downstairs had a double bed and a bathroom. The...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank K A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Antananarivo, Madagascar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here twice because I loved it so much! The hotel is absolutely charming, with beautiful, clean, air conditioned rooms. The rooms are spacious and well-decorated. Jerry, the owner, is delightful and very helpful when trying to find your way around the area. I have recommended this hotel to every person I know who is headed to Granada. He could charge a lot more for these rooms, but as is, it's maybe the best hotel deal I've ever found.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Stanwood, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I've been told that one should not become emotionally attached to a house. It is after all, just four walls and a roof. Well, I became emotionally attached as soon as I walked into Casa del Agua. Absolutely enchanting! Gerry, the host, was also a great part of the experience and gave advice and tips on where to go, what to do and what the cost should be. The location couldn't have been better, about a two minute walk to the plaza. When I got too hot I just went "home" and jumped into the pool. Not to often one sees a pool in the kitchen. When I left the property I felt completely safe that my belongings were in good hands. My stay was exceptional in every way! Thanks, Gerry, miss you already! =)

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent but... the Balcony room is a fairy tale
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julie Z
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

The room was comfortable and affordable, but the best part of staying at Casa del Agua was the individualized attention that Gerry gave guests. Not only did he give us a map and his own recommendations on food and sights in the city (all of which were spot on), but we also could use a common computer free of charge and refill our water for free. He even let us take bikes for the afternoon, free of charge.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We loved our visit to Casa Aqua. Jerry gave us great recommendations of where to go, what to do. Rooms were spacious and beautiful. Air Conditioned! YES! Pool in the kitchen! What could be better? We loved the market just down the street - incredible fresh fruit and vegetables to take back to Casa Aqua to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack.

Room Tip: Head upstairs!
Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
St. Gallen, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My first visit to Granada and I had a blast.

To begin, the owner of Casa del Agua, Gerry, is a wonderful host. I did not had a plan and I did not know where to go either and he pleasantly gave some directions and a list of places to go. All the recommendations were AMAZING.

Moreover, la Casa del Agua was clean, comfortable and close to the main square. It also has bikes to visit the city which makes things easier.

I would definitely reccomend la Casa del Agua to anyone. Do not forget your bathing suit but if you do, Gerry will kindly explain you where to get one at good prices.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at this lovely hostel for 3 nights and absolutely loved it. Our room itself was spacious and clean, with a good fan (and the option of a/c), and the en-suite bathroom was also clean (even with the option of a hot shower).
The owner, Gerry, was an absolute star. He couldn't have possibly been more helpful - organising a taxi for us from Managua airport, giving us loads of ideas about what to do, where to eat etc and just generally being incredibly helpful.
The communal kitchen was clean and well stocked, coffee was free all day and there was a large fridge/freezer to keep drinks cool in the heat. The swimming pool in the courtyard was so ideal for cooling down after long days.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple