Casa Cubana
US$73
  • Pool
US$63
  • Breakfast included
Il Padrino Hotel(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$48
Hotels.com
Jicaro Island Ecolodge Granada(Isletas de Granada)
US$360
US$350
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscubanosaffron roomsmall poolbanana pancakesminute walk to the main plazafour poster bedguests feelcommunal breakfast tablebeautiful colonial homeupstairs roomplace to staygreat drivernicaragua vacationoverlooking the courtyardrestaurant recommendationsbed and breakfastrecommending restaurants
Reviewed 17 August 2013

An Oasis is how it felt to come "home" to Casa Cabana every afternoon during our 8 day stay. From the delicious and varied breakfasts prepared by Hazel to the arrangement of our tours by Esther, everything was "spot on." I can't remember the name of my room, but it was the second door on the left as you walk in the front door - the a/c in our room worked great. The location was convenient to the downtown/square area. I would highly recommend Casa Cubana to anyone wanting a very nice place to stay. Thanks, Esther and Hazel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I love Casa Cubana! This boutique hotel has four gorgeous, large rooms with comfortable beds. There is a small dipping pool surrounded by tropical plants that's perfect after a day of sightseeing around town. The two-course breakfasts made by Hazel are well worth mentioning: they're varied, of more than ample size and always delicious. Finally, Esther, who runs Casa Cubana, is welcoming, friendly (but not overbearingly so) and full of helpful information about things to do and see in the area. I've stayed at Casa Cubana three times and can't wait to going back again.

Room Tip: Saffron is the only room on the second floor so it affords greater privacy, and it has 2 tall French doors with a view of Mombacho peak.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2013

What can I say about Casa Cubana that hasn't already been said by so many before me? We stayed cor 8 nights, so i have a good grasp of then place. Let me start by presenting a list of all the things you will be wanting in Nicaragua in a B and B that they offer:

Awesome wifi
Hot water showers
Filtered water that you can actually drink. No need to buy and carry bottles everywhere.
Great a/c units that actually cool the GIGANTIC rooms
Doors in each room to open up to the outside if you want to watch the city go by...they are secure so no worries.h
Fans in the rooms too, which I loved because I sleep with one at home to drown out noise.
Firm beds, so no rolling into your spouse if they are heavier than you
Soft clean sheets
Comfy pillows
Toilets that actually accept paper, so go ahead, flush it!
Membership to Pure gym while staying there
Sodas and beer, and liquor in the kitchen. No need to trek to the store just take what you want and write it down, then settle up later
A variety of breakfast, so you don't eat the same thing morning after morning. Hazel does a fabulous breakfast and its a little different each day. The banana pancakes could be more fluent...in my opinion! :)
You feel safe and secure inside and it really does feel like home. You don't actually feel like a guest. I always felt totally comfortable to get in the fridge, make myself a snack, lounge in the main room or chat with other guest.
The light switches in the rooms are actually labeled. This is just one of many small things that I loved. No need to flip every switch until I find the right one. YAY,
THERE'S A SMALL TIENDE WITHIN 100 feet on both sides, but you are out of the noise of the Central Park area, so it's quieter.
The pool is crisp and clean and great for jumping into after a hot day of checking out the city or going on one of the many adventures.
The rooms have a small sofa and tables in them, so if you want to be alone you have a place to sit other than on the bed. Again, one of those things I have come to appreciate that is usually not provided.
Hazel does a good job of replenishing towels and cleaning the room.
Oh, they even provided a makeup mirror. I can't tell you how many times I've returned from vacation with unsightly nose hair or eyebrow hairs that I missed during grooming. Not at Cubana, they've got you covered!

So, it's a great place and least I forget, Esther is fantastic. My husband and I enjoyed her equally. She is up for a drink by the pool or just chatting too. She reserves tours, recommends restaurants and is just good company. I felt like I was hanging out with my sister.

What else can I say, the place is gorgeous...look at the photos! Aside from the frills it's just a great homey place with a great staff. This was our 2nd trip to Nicaragua and we will be going back to visit and stay with Esther again. Esther has even gone out of her way to get a photograph that I wasn't able to get while I was there. She rocks!

Esther we miss you and Gary and I'm thankful to have had the pleasure of meeting you. See you again my friend! Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: The clove suite has an open shower, so don't get it unless you are okay with your roomy or spouse watching you shower. It does have a private toilet area though. All of the rooms are great, none of them are bad!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonesy38
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I loved the courtyard when entering the house and thought that was the best... Then the spacious room and cool shower were great too. Best, though, was Esther: an incredible source of information and well connected and organized to get you signed up for trips on the lakes whether by kayak, boat, or to swim, up on volcanoes and zip lines, or to see the local art scene, and explore Granada's museums and churches. Or, more leisurely, get a pedicure (a casa), or a massage. I had five days and felt like I had a five-week holiday!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Came back to Casa Cubana for our 2nd time and spent 3 nights. Esther and Hazel are wonderful and so nice! The rooms are always clean and are very spacious. Esther makes sure to book us the room that best works for us since we have two kids. Hazel makes sure to make the kids a special breakfast as they are picky eaters, lol! The pool is always relaxing after walking around the city during a hot day and perfect for the kids to enjoy.
Casa Cubana is in a very convenient location for us with walking distance to just about anywhere we wanted to go, no need to take a taxi if you don't mind a little walking but could always hop in a local taxi or even a local horse carriage.
We are sure this is not our last time at Casa Cubana!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family